SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAMS !!! UHS EHS HHS CHS HVHS

Diggs9

We need to support ALL of our county and city teams. Sure, there are RIVALRIES between the teams, But that makes them want to play hard , and makes them want to win. But we DON"T need to bash them FOR ANY REASON ! Like TDOG said , he has coached half of the boys in the county, ok , I bet he is not the only one. Support your Kids ,which ever school they go to. Chances are you work with, or go to church with , or maybe even went to school and played ball with their parents. So... Pat them on the back, tell them they played a great game. THAT builds confidence, and maturity. Makes them want to play and enjoy what there doing.

And about Tony Hardin :: I know Tony personally, and I really believe that if not for his own responsibilities at EHS , you might see him in the stands at UHS, or any one of the other schools watching the kids play. Remember, Tony is a teacher , and their first concern is the kids. This I truly believe.

and the other Coaches : Before you bash them for any reason,

put yourself in their shoes , try to make all the most difficult dicisions they HAVE to make and keep every player and parent happy.... come on , this is not a perfect world.

whether we want to or not.... we will just have to deal with it.. oh....it wouldn't hurt to PAT THE COACHES ON THE BACK AND TELL THEM THEY HAD A GREAT GAME TOO....

Have A Great Day !! :D:o

[Edited by Diggs9 on 1-9-03 4:01P]

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so true and I give you a big pat on the back for thinking about letting everyone know it. There are kids from all the schools that I have coached or coached against and I don't know how any person that is a parent can put a kid down. These kids have the same feelings as your kids and as you did when you were a kid. What is sad is the ones that are doing the bashing are the same ones who consider themselves Christians. ;)

I don't think you're qualified to judge someone on whether they consider themselves "christians" or not. I've got a good feeling on who you're talking about and I've been to all the Unaka games and have NEVER heard him bash a kid. He's spent his entire adult life coaching some sport. Anything that involves kids, he's there.... But you know what, he does it because he truly love the kids and he doesn't do it for recognition, like some do. Sure he gets hot with the coaching and refs sometimes but who doesn't?

Lets just stick to the fact of the thread. :):)

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judge and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye.

You will find this in Matt. 7: 1-3

Gosh, I wish sometimes we could all be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

First of all get your panties out of a wad ~ I was not nor was I ever judging anyones Christianity ~ If you read it right you would have got out of it what I intended for you to get out of it ~ How can anyone bash a kid just cause he goes to another school and turn around and call themselves a Christian ~ So if you took this personnely then I do suggest that you question yourself not me ~ (PLEASE - someone let me know after reading my last message - Did I single anyone out???)

Second ~ practice what you preach ~ "stick to the facts of the thread"

:);):):D:D:D:D

Sportiemom, who in the world are these so-called christians who bash kids? When I go to a game, I only see PEOPLE who bash kids, which is wrong to do. But to point out specifically that they are so-called christians is totally off-base. PEOPLE do things, it doesn't matter if you are Christian, Jew, Muslim, or Black, White, or Italian. Anyone who puts down a person is wrong. ANYONE. Christians make the same mistake anyone else does, so where is the practice what you preach. If you have a preacher, then you should know that everyone is a sinner and we ALL fall short of the glory of GOD. The only difference between Christians and Non-Christians is that Christians are saved and can repent for their sins, thus still go to heaven. We have the same fleshly sins as everyone else. Being a Christian only convicts us when we do wrong. ;)

Guest dfenceahfence

stokmo is a coach at volunteer. you seem to be confussed when i read your post. if you want to make a point make one otherwise quit assuming you know everybody on here

Guest dfenceahfence

justwatchin, knowing you are a true highlander what has happened to cobby? is he still going to the games? i think he gives the highlanders a big boost when he is there.