ryan/mba

heartbreakkid

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think will happen during the match? Who will win? Will Hiller and Simpson hooked it up again? What is up with the MBA heavyweights? Did I read it right in the City Paper that they call themselves "The Fat Four"? Should be a great match to watch. Will MBA post the results? Can someone give the results on here for those who can't go? This might be chance for the wrestling fans to see some great action.

MBA seems to like to talk....now is they're chance...I think FRHS has a better team...But MBA spanked us last year....right now, you got to think MBA will do the same again....gotta admit, MBA started the season ranked in front of the IRISH....GO IRISH, PULL THE "UPSET"....I predict an FRHS WIN.....I also think that FRHS is starting a potential domination period over MBA in wresteling....just food for thought.

Takedown, you read it right. I did the same double take when I saw the article in the City Paper but I got a confirmation from the sportswriter who did the article (Bonvissuto)that the MBA upper weights do indeed refer to themselves as the "Fat Four", not the "Fab Four" as in the Tennessean article on the Ryan meet. But if MBA can pull off an upset or two down low and these guys sweep the upper weights to give MBA a win, Coach Frank might be calling them the "Fab Four" instead.

Though this is a wrestling website, Ryan's boys basketball team plays MBA tonight and its girl's team plays arch rival Harpeth Hall tonight, giving Ryan's teams a chance to pull off the ultimate Purple Hat Trick by beating MBA in wrestling and HH/MBA in basketball on the same night. Does anyone remember if that has ever happened before or is this kind of like the perfect storm?

RyanRowdy,

You are also forgetting the 36-17 regular season match at Ryan, won by the Irish. Also, the match at the state duals fo determine third and fourth place was filled with JV wrrestlers and non-starting seniors - Frank and Pat agreed before the match it didn't matter who won, so they wanted to wrestle kids who normally didn't get the chance.

Should be alot of fun tonight.

Wow, what a match. They started at 119. Mondelli from ryan loses a lackluster match. Oddo gets a major and Dunning gets a pin. Tate from MBA handles a lethargic Medlin for 3 then Myers at 140 holds on to barely win over MBA's Herron. Clark from Ryan gets tossed by Hall and gives up 6 then Ryan's Stark gets it back with a pin at 152. Ryan's Weldon wrestled great to get a major at 160 and then MBA's Fat Four took over. Luttrell pins at 171. Goodman gets a win in a controversial match at 189. Both Jim and Paul Simpson called the match. Goodman is leading Ryan's Greenwood 4-3 late in the third when Jim hits Goodman for stalling to tie it up and send it into OT. Frank Simpson is livid. Then Goodman gets a takedown in OT as they are going out of bounds with, I kid you not, 0.3 seconds left and the buzzer sounds. Pat Simpson is livid as he believes time had expired. (I'd hate to see that family reunion) Cooper at 275 struggled to beat a game Hoover from Ryan and then Whit Dunning gets a tec. Score, if you've kept up, is 30-28 MBA with Simpson/Hiller up. Great match. 4-3 Hiller in the third with both on their feet, less than a minute left. They tie up and it appears Hiller has Simpson going to his back. Somehow William reversed the advantage and tosses Hiller to his back, holding him there for the last 30 seconds. The wrestlers and fans, standing room only, carry William off the mat on their shoulders. Both sides were applauding. Just a great match and a great environment. I can't wait untill Duals.

[Edited by hipyou on 1-11-03 9:06A]