best 171 in the state

Guest pummeler

Now I wrestling Micheal Marable and Nathan Jones and in my opinion Marable was ten times better, he was beating me 9-1 and pinned me within a minute of our match, now Nathan Jones was couldn't pin me until the third period, plainly from what I saw Marable is more aggresive and stronger, now if Josh Flinn from Ringgold Wrestled up here then he would be the best, he pinned me in :09 seconds at McCallie Inv. and he also beat Micheal Marable.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I wrestled Micheal Marable and Nathan Jones and in my opinion Marable was ten times better, he was beating me 9-1 and pinned me within a minute of our match, now Nathan Jones was couldn't pin me until the third period, plainly from what I saw Marable is more aggresive and stronger, now if Josh Flinn from Ringgold Wrestled up here then he would be the best, he pinned me in :09 seconds at McCallie Inv. and he also beat Micheal Marable.

Guest westtenwrestlin

Looks like Jones did it again this time he just pinned him, but your right Blackmon must be the best, but answer this question how of the best wrestlers in there wight class get pinned. Like I said early he is not even one of the top guys in his class at 171 sorry I hope He have not hurt your feeling in any way.

Guest TNwrestle86

you are right. no one will beat him. i saw him eek out a win over a very good helias (missouri) wrestler. no one from the west has even given him a challenge. he will win state.

Guest TNwrestle86

if nobody from east tenn has heard of mike marable, they dont follow wrestling very well. that would be like me saying i had never heard of jones. we cant really know but marable is a very good wrestler

The "Science Hill Kid" is Jon Edmonds. He's 35-0 right now,

with wins over some really good kids, including Wipperman of FRA. Science Hill has wrestled a pretty tough schedule this year, and Jon has had some close matches, but he's found a way to win every one of them. If you haven't had the chance to see him wrestle, you've really missed out and I suggest that you not discount him as a contender for a state title.

I've had the priviledge of coaching him and being able to watch him develop for the past four years. He is definitely the toughest kid I've ever coached, maybe ever seen. He's special, and I'll miss him this year. Don't count him out just because you haven't seen him or because he's from region one. Or do.

And back to the topic of David Wipperman. I got the chance to speak with him just briefly after his match wit Jon. I was extremely impressed with his sportsmanship and his excellent manners. He represented his team and Coach in a most exemplry manner.

Guest westtenwrestlin

You get very upset over nothing i am justing tell you blackmon is not going to be in the finals he may wrestl for 5th-6th at the best, but I hope he does his best. Now answer my question how bad did Jones lose to the ringold kid, marable lost one nothing,and by the way i never said i was God,but you are a cry bady!!! ;):D:D

Gatling-

Sometimes I get a kick out of your mindless ravings but sometime you are over the top.

Without question, the best 171 in the state is wrestling at 160 for Bradley. Matter of fact he would be the best 189 also. Marable is a good kid and a great wrestler. He does not need you to take up for him.

As far as East vs Mid vs West...you are on shaky ground. For as long as most on this board can remember, West TN has produced very few great wrestlers. Of course there have been a few but most of what the rest of Tennessee sees is a team from the West go 0-2 in the State Duals and then a few West TN wrestlers come to the state tournament with overblown sick records only to see them go home on the morning of the 2nd day. Leavy Davis is prime example. For the last two years we have heard about this monster from Westside who will splatter everyone when he gets to the state. Hasn't happened yet.

Both of the Marable boys are very good. The rest of the state recognizes that. Just stop beating us over the head with it.

By the way...check with CBHS. Did either of the Marable boys win when they wrestled Bradley last year? And you may also check to see who beat them?

One more thing---In the DI State Tournament last year there were only 7 medal winners out of 84 and only 10 in the DII. That is pretty pathetic so forgive the rest of the state if they have doubts about anyone from the West.

T6

[Edited by toughest6 on 1-16-03 10:37A]