MT. PLEASANT HIGH FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

Guest goinggoing

Coach Stone's name has been mentioned quite a few times for head coaching jobs and rightfully so. He is very good at what he does and an outstanding coach. Coach Stone is one of those few individuals that really enjoys where he is at and what he is doing. It is widely agreed that he would make an excellent head coach but he is just simply not interested in doing so. He prefers being able to focus solely on football and not all of the micromangement and responsibilities associated with being a head coach. Everyone within the Spring Hill family feel very fortunate Coach Stone feels the way he does.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Stone is an excellent football coach, one of the best I have ever known! He has coached football at Vanderbilt, MTSU, he served as head coach at Cascade, he was at Mt. Pleasant for a couple of years, he was the head Middle School coach at Spring Hill before E.A. Cox was built, and has been an assistant coach at Spring Hill. He is a man of high moral character and if he wanted the job at Mt. Pleasant, he would do a great job as the Tiger's coach. I have known him for the past eight years and I have never heard anyone say anything negative about them man! I had the privilege of working with him for four years and I can say he is a great coach who loves what he does and works very, very hard!

I have a few additional things to say about this matter:

1st of all, I too know Coach Stone and I can say that he is an outstanding coach! Your comment about a coach leaving the college ranks to coach in high school is very stupid and shows a little bit of your immaturity! Coach Steckel (sp?) left the NFL and is now a coach at Brentwood High School, is there something wrong with him? People leave the NFL and go back to coaching at the college level all the time, likewise, people leave college ranks and return to high school all the time. The new coach at MBA used to be a pro QB and college coach. That was just a very stupid comment!

2nd, PLEASE turn off your caps lock. You're shouting at us on every thread.

3rd, The petition you have mentioned will only hurt the team! It's not going to help your middle school coach get the job, it will not sway anyone on the school board or central office in Columbia to change their mind, and it will not effect the principal in his search. I have heard about three other school's kids doing this same sort of thing and all they are doing is setting themselves up for failure. IF you really care about this program, you will encourage these young boys to allow the process to be completed and provide your total support for the new coach, whoever he may be. Anything less than this is going to adversely effect the new coach and the future of the program!

[Edited by caesar on 2-2-03 12:09P]

Again, please turn off your caps-lock button so we can all read your posts! Your shouting will not make your argument any more articulate.

All you are doing is turning more people against the coach you would like to see because you continue to attack other potential coaches who might like to apply for the position. Every name I have heard mentioned on this and the other thread could do a good job at Mt. Pleasant! I know of at least two coaches who are not going to apply because they tell me the parents are really split over who they want and your postings seem to make that very clear. You guys seem to have issues with the principal and so you threaten anyone other than your coach with wild accusations and reasons why they would not be fit to coach. I can assure you all of these men would do a good job.

To close a few matters at hand:

1) Coach Stone: Great Father, Great Husband, Great Friend, Great Teacher, Great Coach, Great Man. Period.

2) The coach at MBA and former Vanderbilt standout is Jeff Rutledge.

3) One person does not and cannot express the views of a community as a whole, therefore any attempt to do so is futile and irrelevant.

When I lived in Maury County I always thought Mt. Pleasant had the athletes. Many of the names that have been posted would be good, but the secret will be what kind of assistant coaches they would be allowed to bring. I assume there will not be any additional teaching slots open; therefore, the new coach will need to have connections to bring in a couple of non-faculty coaches from the area who can help him get the job done. Also, the person will have to have great people skills.

• 2 weeks later...

kpidepipper and dreamstazzy must be the same person. They post things in the same fashion, making the exact same punctuation errors, and have the same style of writing. What do you guys think?

Now I'm not saying this is someone close to Coach Basshman, but I'll bet it is someone who wants him to be the new coach real bad.

[Edited by caesar on 2-20-03 9:11P]

[Edited by caesar on 2-22-03 9:23A]