Brentwood soundly defeats Franklin

FHSrebel27

The Brentwood faithful pulled out the infamous "We Own You" sign tonight and it's appearing besides women's soccer so far this year, the sign is accurate. Franklin had a decent start, but quickly fell behind. Before you knew it the Rebels were down 9 and then at the half had only scored 11 points. Franklin made a somewhat good run in the third and cut the lead to 12 at one point but couldn't keep it going. I don't remember the final but Brentwood won by quite a bit, at least 25 I believe. I was talking to a Rebel player afterwards and he had it right- they play hard but they turn the ball over too many times (27 tonight) and can't hit shots. I proceeded to tell him that the goal of basketball is to make baskets and prevent the other team from making them. The Rebels have looked good at points this season, but tonight certainly wasn't one of them.

Do not Count the Rebels out.

They have heart and will rebound to a fair season- though they aren't the best team they have every had, every school has their ups and downs. Watch Hillsboro in a few years, they will be back to "okay" then, Overton or Spring Hill will be the dominant team. Brentwood is good right now, and I can't say for the guys, but the girls will not be the team they always have been in 2 years once they loose their Juniors.

It's all about fun and games.