Local Newspaper coverage...

jethroknows

Be glad!!!! Here in Loudon County we are lucky to even be mentioned much less have a photo. Considering we have 3 high schools in Loudon County and probably 1 team playing 4 out 5 nights a week you would think the sports writer would be able to make 1 or 2 of the games (or at least send someone else to cover the games). Unless you get a local paper of the other team, you may never know who won and how if you miss the game. It really is shame.....I applaud your local coverage keep up the good job

Goose does a tremendous job as editor, considering everything he has to try to accommodate (sp?). 10 high school teams...more middle school teams than I can name...Roane State...and then he has to throw in articles about karate and other youth sports activities...

Good job, Goose!

Our coverage of high school basketball in Maryville is probably the worst it's ever been. I don't thing the Daily Times even makes much of an attempt to cover any away games for the local schools and their idea of coverage of home games--with the exception every now and then of a local rivalry game--is to send someone to write up the boys game and to merely look at the scorebook from the girls game and put in a line or two about who the leading scorers were.

On an away game, they will write something if someone from the school calls it in, but even then, the headline might say one team won and the body of the story conflict with it saying the other team won.

Fortunately, the Knox Sentinal covers our area some also.

GovMan