Waverly vs. Harpeth

WaverlyTigerFan37185

I think this will be a hard faught game till the buzzer. If Bubba Nichols is on fire and Ricco Ralston is playing well as usual Waverly will take this one home. Only big problem i see is someone being able to defend Dansby. Harpeth also has pretty good outside shooting as usual. My prediction is Waverly by 5 or more.

Tonight game is a toss-up as long as both teams shoot the ball well. Harpeth like to spreed the floor and drive in the gap for a kick out three. They also like to trap all over the floor. Waverly will have to handle the ball much better, at least better then when they played Cheatham Co.It is a big game because if Waverly wins it is just them and Sycamore at the top of the district and everyone else fighting for thrid. One key for Harpeth is to be physical with Bubba Nichols. He does not play as well if he is bumped around allnight

Agree with earlier post about game. Waverly wins 57-49 and was up by 10 points throughout the 2nd half. Derrick Smith was big for Waverly tonight with 5 three pointers. Don't remember him missing any. Sophomores Ricco Ralston and Ryan Hollis also had solid games for the Tigers. Shane Dansby for Harpeth is a big time player, better than what I have given him credit for in the past. I don't think Harpeth uses him to his fullest potential by any means though as he could completely dominate if they allowed him to. Harpeth as a team is just not there yet, still a year and a couple of players away from being able to challenge the better teams in the District.

Wavrerly really bounced back welll from there stunning upset loss to cheatham co. last friday night. Waverly took control of game in the 2nd quarter. Harpeth did a good job of shutting down nichols, but they forgot about derrick smith who went 5-6 from the three point line. Sophomore post Ryan Hollis came off the bench to add 12. Dansby played a good game for Harpeth adding 23. He might have scored 35 if they would keep him in the post instead of keepin him on the perimeter. Waverly will be ready for sycamore Friday.!!