district 5-aaa

soccerfan423

Cree,

Thanks for the insight. I didn't realize that Cuberland had a new coach, but it may be a better situation. Sometimes the coach was too negative and didn't motivate well. I understand what you are sayig about Bradley, but the game is at Bradley and 2 years ago, the Cleveland team struggled with the small field. Cleveland lost Duncan Wolfe wwho started all year and a total of 10 seniors plus the Bratcher player you mentioned. There is a lot of work to do for a young and inexperienced team. They play in 2 tough tournaments which could drain their roster through injuries before they play all their district games. Thanks for the update but it is not the same Cleveland team anymore.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drsoccer, nice predictions. however, we (rhea) beat bradley twice last year, 2-1 in the regular season and 3-0 in the district tournament. i just don't see how we are still considered behind them too. maybe the rest but we were clearly better than bradley last year and since all that anyone can go on for next season is what happened last year, i don't see us being behind bradley. just my opinion.

I do not think that anyone in this district can compare to the powerhouse McMinn Co. Cleveland and McMinn have always had a rivalry and the past couple years Cleveland has come out on top (when it counted), but like MrNick said Cleveland lost so many of their good players plus they got trounced by McMinn in a tournament hosted at Lee College 4-0, so with all that in mind i do not see them comparing to McMinn Co. team. I think that it will be a close game between Cleveland and Cumberland and it will probably be close between Bradley and Rhea Co., but neither Bradley nor Rhea will be any real threat to the top three teams in the district. I see McMinn Co. having a very successful season and I see them advancing pretty far into the later tournaments. Good Luck to all the teams in District 5-AAA.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Futbol16

MCHS will win this year no problem.If you look at the scores last year and the year before it has only been by one point and considering their loses and the fact that they don't have a bench at all and that we(mchs) do. it will be much more favored in our favor than cleveland's.

Careful with that statement before the sason even starts. Overconfidence by Mcminn in the past may be one of the reasons that they haven't won the district tournament in the last three years. The Cherokees may be the favorite but there is still alot of goals to be scored and alot of defense to be played before the district tournament. Good Luck!

mcminnscrfan must be refering to central because if he were really a mcminn soccer fan he would support the cherokees. we are not cocky but we have high hopes this year and plan on attaining those goals. mcminnscrfan if u are not going to support us with your messages then i think it is time for a name change. good luck to the cherokees!

• 3 weeks later...

oh man!? if rhea lost to chatt. central 4-0 then Rhea might be the worst non-inner city team in the area this season. central is a terrible team.. if this is region 5-aaa then the only squads you have are mcminn and cleveland cause bradley is awful and i can't even immaginge how bad cumberland is, if they are picked last in the district! im sure mcminn will be good though.. they weren't hurt too bad by graduation. clevelands gonna be down but they'd have to drop the team from competition completely to be as bad as the rest. anyway i think soddy and ooltewah will duke it out fot the 6-aaa title soddy lost bobby an dtanner from last years squad but im sure they've gotten better as well. ooltewah did lose alot but their seniors this year are really stepping it up, and i know they will be tough as usual. as for te rest of 6-aaa i wouldn't exactly say they're anything to worry about.