New Coach at Siegel

onlooker

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldgold

Word has it that decisions will be made by Friday but nothing may be anounce until the next week. Listen closely to what goes on at Oakland this week. Everything moves off of those decisions.

Coach Steve Williams is a fine man and coach. He left Smyrna to take the Offensive Coordinator's job at Lebanon. When the head coach resigned, Steve went to metro Nashville and taught at Hillsboro and was the asst baseball coach. He left there this year to go to Overton HS. He is an Overton graduate. I don't believe he is coaching anything this year, maybe football, but i am not sure. He would be a great hire for any school. I can tell you he has his team prepared and he will pester you to death if you try to run. He is in my opinion a great baseball coach. However from what I understand from talking to coaches at the TBCA Clinic this past weekend, Mack Hawks has the job if he wants it and he is supposed to let them know next week. We'll see what happens.

Hey when a guy needs a job then loyalty has nothing to do with it. Steve had been at Smyrna several years and left to take the job at Lebanon. He left after the first year at Lebanon. The football boosters in Lebanon were after Moose to resign for a couple of years before he did, if I remember correctly. Hearsay, and that is what it is, says that he(Steve) didn't see eye to eye with Moose and he parted ways. Moose should have known that(philosophy,etc) before he hired him. So that in my opinion is his(Moose) falt. Again, I don't know the whole truth behind that situation. Do you? Sounds like you have a bone to pick with Steve? In metro Nashville they have and can move a teacher anywhere they want. It happens all the time. Loyalty has nothing to do with a man trying to pay his house note, and feed his family.

[Edited by jdmtpb on 1-21-03 10:31A]

Guest oldgold

Coach Steve Williams is not a bad person nor is he a bad coach but it seems that he made some bad decisions by leaving Smyrna a few years back. People do make bad decisions and then they have to live with them, don't they JD! The baseball job will most likely go to Coach Hawks or Coach Reavis. Either one will do a great job!

heyhey guys why do ya'll want all the Oakland coaches?? they r doin a great job right where they r!! so i hope they don't leave!! Siegel already got the best thing they could ever take from Oakland and that was Mr.Nolan!! he is the greatest!! so to all the coaches if ya'll read this STAY AT oAKLAND!!! WE LOVE U THERE!!!! but anyway have a good day!!............ oh yeah and if u aren't a plus member.... become one soon!! ;);););):)