Gibson vs. Pack

bigpack

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenkins defeated Pack. Jenkins from MLK is the 152. What happened to Byrd? This, in my opinion is not an upset. Jenkins is a fine wrestler.

bigpack - you better think one match at a time instead of thinking Pack vs. Gibson to be in state finals.

What was the score & give some highlights of the match. I would have loved to have been there.

Byrd is injured, but should be back next week. The decision to bump Jenkins up wasnt made until just prior to the match. Jenkins lost a tough match Saturday in the finals at Hillwood against Josh Bennett 6-4 in O.T.(his first loss of the year) I guess the coach felt Jenkins didnt have any thing to lose by wrestling up and that if he could pull off a win it would really help build his confidence back up.

Pack scored first with a very aggressive take down that appeared to drive Jenkins head straight into the mat then Pack sunk in a deep half but jenkins was able to fight it off and get a reversal I believe,Pack got an escape and Jenkins got another take down, then Pack got another escape to start the second period. Jenkins and Pack each scored 2 more going into the third tying the score at 6; at that point both wrestlers appeared to be waiting for the other to make a mistake but after a stall warning by the ref on both wrestlers they locked up again and fought to the mat where Jenkins was able to work out of the tangle and get a takedown with about 2 seconds left securing a win 8-6 against a very tough Tim Pack. It was an exciting match to watch as both guys are very aggresive wrestlers, and both appeared to be pretty equal.

Jenkins isn't even ranked at 152 and he beat the 4th ranked 160 pack. That isn't right Jenkins is underated and is doing ver well this year. I can't wait for him and josh johnson to wrestle, it will be a good match.

I believe Johnson is at 160 unless he has weighed in at 152 scratch, he wrestled at152 at the Overton tournament but they were giving pounds there and they were also giving pounds at Brentwood those are the only two times that he has wreastled at 152 that I know of. So Jenkins and Johnson probably wont wrestle unless Jenkins wrestles up.It would be a good match.Has Johnson weighed in at scratch weight this year??

[Edited by kjfan on 1-15-03 9:28P]

Yes he weighed in at scracth at the brentwood this weekend friday without the pound. He missed it saturday but he is certified at 152. He missed it against glencliff by .1 again but he already certified. I had to wrestle up 2 weight classes cuz he missed weight. But Josh could of tore that kid up, him and jenkins will be a great match.