is west best at 130?

applejacks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, West did beat Willie last year.....but that was last year......both have had very good seasons this year.

West is very good...and so is Willie. Read their article that is going to be in the Chattanooga Times Free Press this Friday. Expect Willie and West to be in the finals, with Willie's head screwed on straight this year.

Good Luck to both wrestlers!

Guest willie329

hey guys i am willie and last year i was winning the match by 4 points before i got into it with the ref so we will see what happens this year. i will say that he did beat me my sophomore year at the red bank bradley dual meet.

West is a good wrestler but i have heard he and the rest of the boys from bradley are not performing like they use to. He could have a really tough time this year. I remember he had several good matches at 125 and many of those guys have moved up with him to 130. 130 is stacked right now and don't forget the state tournament goes by day by day. One wrestler could be feeling good and another bad and they may choke. Example, Drinkwine from Overton is a great wrestler yet he has not placed yet(emphasis on yet). I think 130 is going to be a surprising weight class this year in the state tournament.

Guest MatMaid4Life

Dunning would kill anyone D1 or D2. Look at his record. 2 state titles under his belt with one year to go. All-American. Done well at NHSCA...don't know what he's placed at them though. He's an animal. Anyone know where he's going to college? Is he going his cousins up at Army?

I think that Willie Furman (RB) can take the 130lb weight class single handedly if he just wrestles smart and keeps his cool. I expect him and west to meet up in the finals and have a MATCH! However on the other hand i think it will boil down to the heart of the wrestler and from what i've seen Willie will take it home.Good luck 130's!

Don't forget sophomore Andrew Smith (130) at McCallie. He beat Furman this year 10-8 in the McCallie Inv. semi's and gave Dunning a match in the finals losing 8-0. Dunning scored a quick takedown and two tilts for 8 in the first period and the next two periods went scoreless. Last time Smith and West met was Middle School when Smith was a 7th grader and West an 8th grader. They split 1-1 that year in two very close matches. Due to the McCallie-Bradley thaw, we will probably never see these two meet again. As a fresman last year, Smith made it to the DII finals to be walloped by Dunning. Look for this year's DII Final to be a repeat. Smith has a big hill to climb but nothing to lose.

YES YOUR RIGHT HOWEVER LAST TIME I CHECKED HE WAS WRESTLING 135. I'M NOT SURE IF HE DIDN'T MAKE WEIGHT OR WHAT BUT IF HE IS IN WILLIE WEIGHT CLASS HE WILL BE ANOTHER GOOD ONE TO WATCH. AT THE MCCALLIE TOUR. WILLIE DIDN'T WRESTLE HIS BEST HE COULD I THINK THAT HE COULD BEAT SMITH IN THE STATE IF HE WILL PUT EVERYTHING INTO IT. I ALSO THINK SMITH WONT MAKE IT TO THE FINALS WITH THREE WRESTLERS LIKE DUNNING, THURMON, OR WEST. BUT YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT.

applejacks,

Bradley, and West are wrestling just as good as they were last year.Bradley has won the Cleveland duals,Bradley invitational,Huntsville invitational,and placed 2nd at the Virginia duals...i believe they (team wise) are just as good as they were last year...but however i believe the West/Furman match will be a great match...it will go all 3 periods and be tight the whole time, but i believe West "funkey" style will beat Furman in a nail biter! Good luck to both West and Furman.