lewis back on track!!

tombstone

tnbballfan, the Panthers have played everyone close except BGA and Giles County. Their 11-7 record is good, but could be better (they should've beat Wayne, Perry, and Loretto). They have real talent in Sparkman, Kurfman, and Lavett. I can see them winning out through the regular season if they continue to play well.

Johnson and Cox have really pulled a team of average talent together, and made them winners. I remember last year everyone thought with Clayburn gone, the chances of a winning season would be over. Well now the Panthers are 4 games over .500 and are on a roll. If they do win the rest of their district games and finish second, my vote for coach of the year goes to Johnson (Coach Holt has done nothing tht wasn't expected at Giles, all preseason polls had them at the top, while most only had the Panthers 4th at best).

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr honesty, yeah your right they have had some close games that they should have won but they didn't. To win them close games you gotta have someone step up and be a leader and i have yet to see that out of any of them yet! I agree with you, sparkman, curfman and lavett are all very good players and have lots of talent but none have stepped up and been a leader. If someone on this team would step up and be a leader they could go a long ways!!!!

Hohenwald is a football town but the boys basketball team is looking really good. I cant believe we won that much last night over a team that beat us once already (although we shouldve won that time). We have a tough game tommorrow night here against Marshall County but I think we will be ready. Second place in the district looks like its there for us and with the district tournament here we have our goals set high. Everyone needs to support us like they do the football team and that will help us.

Guest lewisfan129

i really think lewis has their mind in the right place right now and are really focused. they looked very good against loretto tuesday night and i think they're really ready for marshall. if they can play like they have the last several games, i pick lewis by 4.

Horrible no call at the end or Marshall County wins.

Should have never come down to that as Tigers

outplayed them all night long, but it did & what

a terrible call it was. Johnson gets off a three

footer with three seconds left, is hacked by

Curfman on the arm & the refs swallowed their

whistles.

To make matters worse, Tigers get an intentional

foul called on the rebound & Hohenwald hits some

meaningless free throws with a second left to make it

a four point game.

Please someone call 911....Tigers got robbed !!!!

[Edited by eaglefan on 1-30-03 11:51P]

Eagleman is misleading many readers of CoachT by his comments above. Obviously he must have listened to the game on the radio and wasn't in attendance or he would have seen there was no foul on the missed 2 foot shot by the Tigers. And although the Panthers played sloppy, they were ahead just as much during the game, if not more, than the Tigers. After 1 it was 6-5. At halftime the Tigers went up 2 on a lucky 3 point heave at the buzzer. The Tigers then outscored the Panthers by ONE point in the 3rd to take a three point lead. However in the fourth poor play by the Tigers and great play from the Panthers (especially Curfman and Lavette) resulted in the Panthers outscoring the Tigers 15-8. Clearly the game was close but the Panthers stepped up when it mattered and won the biggest/most important game of the year for them so far.

I hope Eagleman doesn't represent the typical Marshall County fan. And I surely hope that number 24 doesn't represent their average player. He acted cocky and foolish the entire game, but at the end he really blew his lid. After he missed the potential game winnng 2 foot jump shot (where there was absolutely no foul) he viciously hacked Sparkman, resulting in a flagrant foul. Then according to many of our fans after the game, he walked toward our crowd and said "f*~$ you" to those looking at him. The tirade didn't stop there either as he went and SAT DOWN on the court as Sparkman shot his 2 free throws. I'm sure had he made the easy 2 foot game winning shot he would have pulled a Ron Artest and flipped off our crowd. Hopefully the coaches or administration will look into this and not condone his actions.

Good luck Panthers on win number 8 in a row Saturday.

[Edited by BillWalton on 1-31-03 8:43A]

Please, nobody listen to eaglefan. He is insane. I don't guess he seen the no calls for both sides. It was a very good defensive game by both teams but just weren't hitting any shots. Good game to both. It's also nice to see that the players were not mouthing at each other at the end of the game. They all shook hands and had a few words (good words) and both teams took it like a man. This Johnson kid insn't as bad as some people are making it out to be, he just let his emotions take over. It's an accident. It happens. But just don't listen to eaglefan. He's making it out to be like Lewis Co. got everything. NOT TRUE. It went both ways on a sloppy game and Lewis stepped up at the end and didn't give up and won.

Guest biggieshorty

just b/c your precious marshall co. tigers lost to a very very good panther team doesn't mean you have to sit here and whine about a potential "no call" ya know Stephon Johnson might have got a call if he wasn't a little whining baby about everything. he cried about everything last night, and that spiking the ball off the backboard was just uncalled for. so just remember you might get calls if you quit crying.