Good news for DB fans!!

VolunteerGeneral

Just wanted to let all DB fans know that you will be getting a very good football player next year. In fact he may be there sometime this spring. Stephen Moten family will be moving from Jackson to Kingsport. Stephen is currently a freshman at JCM. Let me tell you how much it pains me to see this young man leave. His family is is first rate. His dad is taking a job at Eastman. Stephen has played middle school and freshman football with my son the last 3 years. This kid will be awesome!! Very athletic. Very fast. And man can this kid HIT!!! I was so looking forward to watching him play hs ball. I guess it will be your pleasure now. Stephen is one of the nicest kids I know. I coached him in baseball last year. I`m telling you he is a phenomenal athlete. Be on the lookout for him and welcome him to the Tribe. Please make him feel at home. JCM`s loss is your gain. BTW...he has two brothers who play college ball.

Good Luck Stephen!!

VG ;)

bud, i have played w/moten for the past three years. yes he does play on ofense he played fullback. he runs really hard i dont ever remember anybody tackling him on the first hit. he is extremly fast and strong. he is very smart on and off the field. on defense he played strong safety. he had three int's in 6 games this season for the jcm freshmen team. he probly would have gotten some playin time this year on varsity but the coach keeps all of the freshmen together. DB really got an excellent athlete P.S. he can also has rely good hands 6'0 175 all muscle

Stan....I better clarify something. Stephen was at my house and I found out that he is wanting to go to DB. However I found out that his mom wants to take him up there to see some of the schools. They haven`t bought a house as of yet so I may have been premature in saying that he will be at DB. I`m guessing they will look at the county schools and possibly Bristol and Science Hill. I was once married to a DB grad and have been indoctrinated on how good of a school DB is. I`d say chances are he`ll end up at DB. I`m going to really miss. He makes the kind of hits that you`d pay double the admission price to watch him. You know the kind where everyone in the crowd says.."OHHHHHHHHHH!!!" in spontaneous unison?

[Edited by VolunteerGeneral on 1-21-03 10:04P]

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by firefly:

Who knowes if this is true? After all this is the Internet. :confused:

It`s true.

Stephen is at DB now. I hope that all the people on here from DB make a point to find him and welcome him to the Tribe. Stephen is great kid and his parent`s are first class people. We at JCM sure hated to see the Moten family leave and wish them the very best. (well maybe not...that way they move back here. :D jk)

It`s tough leaving all your old friends and having to adjust to a new town and school, so please make them feel welcome.