Grand Championships

cbg

Who is in charge of rescheduling the Grand Championships? I cannot believe that they could not find a better day to reschedule it than Feb 1, the Saturday of the State Duals. That would be forcing some of the kids to choose between participating in the State Duals (as IF they would choose NOT to), or participating in the Grand Championships. Many of the teams have Freshmen in their starting lineup. I just think it is unfair. Surely to goodness there could be a better time to have it! :confused:

My understanding is that Monday January, 20,2003 was considered because the wrestlers would be out of school but for one reason or another that date would not work. What date would you suggest? There is not another good date to have the Grand Championships.

Hey - is there a time/date when the Grand Championships have to be wrestled by? If not, then hold it after all the regular season wrestling is over. Yeah, I know that there is probably some kind of rule where it all has to be done and over by a certain date, but for bragging rights, or for the glory of it, rather than just have so many kids drop out of it because they want to go and see and experience State Duals, why not just have it later? I don't know, just a thought. Surely someone can come up with some idea that might work. What about it?

wrestlingfan, you pick the date, but you have to consider the freshman season ends last week so your date has to be soon because the teams won't stay together long. You can pick this weekend, but more middle tn teams are involved in the region duals than state duals, also the GC is not just a freshman tournament, it is also a middle school team tournament, and most are involved this weekend. You can pick a day during the week...no you can't. You could pick the weekend after the state duals, oh yeah, that is the individual region, well how about the next week, crap, that's the state tournament, and after the season is FIVE weeks later than the freshmen were scheduled to wrestle.

I agree that Feb 1 is not optimal, and as you can see, it wasn't chosen lightly. There are only five mid tn teams involved in the state duals, and I promise you there is no choice. There is no one around that would think twice about helping your team in the state duals than participating in a freshman tournament.

It was Feb 1 or cancel. Hope you still come if you're not wrestling or watching the Duals.

Well hello Zebra - I'll throw my two-cents worth in this argument since you mention my name. I think that some people were just trying to find a date where they could have their cake and eat it too. Obviously, that is not possible. I just don't see any reason to be a smart aleck with your reply to someone who is trying to find a solution. Sure, there is always next year, but wait, they won't be freshmen then, will they? (Sorry, was THAT a smart aleck reply?)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Marion just jumped ER as the favorites in the East. Two big time transfers for y’all kinfolks. Bullseye has been set now. I said it the last two years it is time and both times y’all let me down. Can’t say you’re short on talent this year or that you’re young. Time to put up or shut up. Surely y’all can get over the hump this year. I’m just keeping it real
    • Should have won by 30 last year if we played discipline at the very least. May have got 2 dogs up front but remember we have the best DL in the state on our team. Also added a 6’6” 320lb O lineman.
    • Marion County boys just got two DOGS. Y’all East Robertson folks better buckle your chin straps this year. They gonna have something for Groves up front this year. I’m just keeping it real 
    • A little confused.  What charter/prep schools made it to state in Baseball?  
    • Fortuitously encountering Clint amidst the ambience of Goodyear this morning sparked an impromptu yet intellectually stimulating conversation, wherein we engaged in a rigorous assessment of prospective candidates for the esteemed role of head football coach. Our discourse, characterized by its spontaneity and depth, led to the formulation of astute observations and discerning judgments regarding the suitability of various individuals for this pivotal position. Allow me to elucidate the fruits of our collaborative contemplation: This commentary endeavors to offer a discerning articulation of my subjective viewpoint, emphasizing a conscientious commitment to maintaining impartiality and refraining from any semblance of derogation directed towards individuals.  Those who possess meritorious qualifications for the esteemed head coaching role, delineated without hierarchical precedence, include: Rennard Woodmore, an esteemed alumnus of the Yellow Jackets, presents a magnificent pedigree, having held prominent positions in head coaching capacities across various regions. His pivotal role as a coordinator for teams contending for state championships further enhances his stature in the realm of football leadership. Kyle Gregory, erstwhile adorned in the resplendent gold insignia, though lacking direct head coaching experience, brings to the fore his invaluable insights garnered as a coordinator for esteemed teams, showcasing an acute understanding of the requisites for triumph whilst attired in the esteemed purple and gold regalia. Steven Jackson, whose contributions transcended mere clipboard duties under the tutelage of Kevin Creasy, emerges as an exceptional candidate for Trousdale County. His prior tenure and triumphs as an assistant coach underscore his suitability for the role. The sole drawback lies in his lack of affiliation with Trousdale County as an alumnus. Brandon Eden's extensive tenure within the chronicles of Trousdale County football, spanning a significant portion of its State Championships, coupled with his successful stints as a coordinator across diverse locales, underscores his candidacy despite a dearth of direct head coaching experience at the high school level. Davy Cothron, while beset by a modest playing career, has emerged as a luminary in offensive strategy, drawing parallels to the transformative appointment of Barker in 2015, thereby warranting consideration for his proven acumen in this realm. Joshua Hackett, notwithstanding his non-alumnus status, has left an indelible imprint across Middle Tennessee, distinguished by his adept curation of formidable defensive units as a coordinator at Watertown, albeit without direct head coaching experience. Kevin Creasy, the epitome of coaching prowess, merits an offer irrespective of his current inclinations, his unparalleled capacity to secure victories transcending geographical and institutional bounds, potentially extending to a role as Director of Schools should it align with his aspirations. Conversely, individuals who have not demonstrably earned the mantle of head coaching, enumerated without sequential precedence, encompass: Brad Waggoner David Barker Paul Pitts Jeremy Pruitt Clint Satterfield Robbie Atwood Wesley Satterfield Ben Johnson BJ West Whom do you all deem most fitting to assume the mantle of the next coach, and what rationale informs your choice? Conversely, whom do you perceive as ill-suited for the role, and what underpins your reasoning for their exclusion?