Best Juniors for '03

JET2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FOOTBALLFAN10

PATRICK TURNER A WIDERECIVER FROM GOODPASTURE WILL BE WITH OUT A DOUBT THE BEST JUNIOR IN THE STATE NEXT YR AND WILL BE ONE OF THE BETTER WR AND PLAYERS OVER ALL.AS A FRS HE STARTED 4 GAMES AND HAD A LITTLE OVER 300 YRDS RECIEVING NOT SURE HOW MANY CATHCES.LAST YR HE STARTED 13 HAD OVER 1000 YARDS REC, 50 SOMETHING RECEPTIONS AN LED THE MIDSTATE AT LEAST IF PROB NOT THE WHOLE STATE WITH 14 OR 15 TDS.HE MADE FIRST TEAM ALL STATE,ALL REGION, AND WAS THE ONLY SOP TO BE NAMED FIRST TEAM ALL MID STATE.HE IS VERY VERY GOOD HAS ALLTHE TALENT AND ABILITES TO PLAY AT THE NEXT LEVEL AND HE WILL.ONE DAY U WELL SEE HIM ON SAT THEN ON SUN I PRMISE U THIS HE IS THAT GOOD.SOMEONE I KNOW TALKED TO A GUY THAT GUARDED JABAR GAFFNEY IN HIGH SCHOOL AND HE SAID THAT PATRICK WAS BETTER AS A SOP THE JABAR WAS AS A SENIOR AND THATS SAYING A WHOLE LOT CONSIDERING THE GUY IS NOW PLAYING ON SUNDAYS AND WAS GREAT AT FLORIDA AS WELL.GOOD LUCK NEXT YR PATRICK AND THE REST OF THE GP FOOTBALL TEAM.

Anthony McCallaster of Austin East. He is a middle linebacker for AE. I was impressed with him when Maryville and AE scrimmaged. He put a nasty lick on Alex Rouse.

Zane Bruin of Powell. He is a 6'5 330lbs offensive lineman. He is the son of former Vol John Bruin. Zane has very good feet for someone his size. I heard there is a younger Bruin on the way. The younger Bruin will be a freshman. They say he is a monster.

Cade Thompson of Maryville. He is Maryville's quarterback. He is 6'2 175 lbs. His dad is strength and conditioning coach at MHS so I figure by his senior year he will be 6'3 plus and 200 lbs.Has great form on his throwing motion.Very smart player. May break all the passing records before he is through.

Austin James of Greenback. He passed for 35 touchdowns this past season.He is very good.

Lamon Williams, wide receiver from Dobyns Bennett. Made first team all state as a 10th grader. Many say at 16 he is the best college prospect at receiver in the state at this time. Believe me when I tell you colleges are very aware of him. Watch this kid, he is fun and has a great attitude. He broke most of Dobyns Bennetts receiving records with an offense that was not as pass oriented as usual. He was not a guy that had every ball thrown to him. He is amazing in yards gained after the catch. After seein many impressive players this year, I say he is the best wide receiver in the state.

[Edited by bud on 1-18-03 9:27A]

Guest martin36

i would agree about lamon williams from db being the top wide receiver in the state next year as a junior. he is fast, has good size, and has incredible ability to break tackles and get extra yards.