Metro Football Openings

Guest snotknocker

Guest snotknocker

Okay, what "really" happened at Hunter's Lane? Did Abner feel so much heat from the administration that he called Wilson for help? Did Wilson then offer to step down to allow Abner to get out? Did the administration tell him to leave? There was a lot of negativity toward him from the parents (like all coaches have), but did this matter? Were players unhappy? My cousin told me that someone told him that "some senior players talked about transfering". Is any of this true? What was Abner's weak points and can he fix them in time to salvage a lowly Glencliff program? Why would they hire him as the Head coach at this time? Is it legal to fill a position "before" the interview process? Do the Glencliff players who were there with Abner before want him back?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open jobs in Metro are all illusions. They say that the state requires these jobs to be posted for everyone, which is true. However, the final decision lies with the executive Principal. If the principal knows who they want, they just waste everyone elses time with interviews. There used to be a saying that if you give up a head job in Metro you would not get another. Examples would be Bubba Spears and Buddy Brown. I don't think Abner will fall into that group since the Glencliff job is his! Jobs in Metro are promised out all the time, Ralph Thompson to name one. You can also add Dorris Armstrong to the promised job list. I think Rigamortis set in five years ago. Maybe he earned his opportunity with a bat! ;)

Guest OvertonFan

From what I know, Coach Abner was put into a difficult situation. Yes, I think he did want to be a head coach, but no, not in that kind of situation. The timing was not right for him, or the place. These are just my thoughts. As for Coach Brown, he left Hillsboro to return to his alma mater. You cant blame him for that. But Antioch did not help him out in any way, due to the principal not doing the job of a principal and giving him support.

I would look for coach Abner to fill one of the vacant spots in metro and for Coach Wilson to be his assistant.

Well I myself played for Coach Abner the past season and I thought that he was doing a good job coaching us.At first everything started off alittle rocky in summer practice because we all was sure that Coach Brown was going to get the job then they told us Coach Abner was. We really didnt know if we could just let him come in and just follow him to the field friday nights. But once we got to know him and he got to know us we the players respected him. As for him leaving I dont know why and I really dont care I just wont someone to come in so we can get the job dont next fall.

Snotknocker, people from outside the district have expressed interest in all three openings.

Tut, you seem to have a problem with my computer access...why is that? When all you can come up with is to get on my computer time, you are showing considerable weakness. I am not at Hillwood, if that is the Johnson you are talking about. I have a meeting this week with the other one this week. I'll tell her you said hi. Have you put in for any jobs lately? HHHMMM...