Dyersburg Basketball

chip10

First adn foremost let me congratulate Coach Brain Brown on his first blown 17 point lead of the season. Keep up the good work Coach! Now do not get me wrong he has his "hoosier" moments but the bad far outways the good. For instance if I had let's say 15 people on my team and the starting 5 were not getting the job done i probably would use the little ansty word called "substitution" but good thing that is not in his vocabulary because if it were I'm sure Dyersburg would still be in the top 25 in the rankings. He has been coach for 4 years now and if i recall correctly I nor anybody else in this town has made a trip to the 'Boro to see the boys play. True winning isnt everything but if you aren't winning it only seems correct to swap around your lineup.There are several players who can "shoot the lights out" on the squad but thos athletes our forced to watch in disbelief as the others squander away leads. Please feel free to respond to this in any way for or fashion.

I think people forget how hard it is to get to the 'boro. Mickey Mahon(the best coaxh the trojans ever had) only made it twice we the great teams he had. coming out of west tn is tough. of course this does not surprise me because people tried to get rid of mahon also because "he was to hard". Everyone wants coaches to win but not be to hard on the kids. not going to happen unless you coach at haywood.

I think people forget how hard it is to get to the 'boro. Mickey Mahon(the best coaxh the trojans ever had) only made it twice we the great teams he had. coming out of west tn is tough. of course this does not surprise me because people tried to get rid of mahon also because "he was to hard". Everyone wants coaches to win but not be to hard on the kids. not going to happen unless you coach at haywood.

this is the real 1033 and i agree that a coach has to do what a coach has to do. sometimes u can be a great player by only playin one season which could be ur senior season andy die is a perfect example. if he runs u he runs u to get u in shape and make u a better person athleticallt and to also discipline u so if u don't get playin time keep pressing hard and ur time will come and then prove u can play with the best! coach brown is a hard coach by the way but he has been to the boro and knows what it takes the only i can see that i don't agree on is that he tries to delay a game with 6 minutes left and up by a big margin i think u should keep playin and build a bigger lead and then delay game but it's his team thanks 1033

mickey mahon was one heck of a coach. he got the best out of his players and had several great hs players to come through there. he had the likes of billy mac jones,william swift,jason johnson,derek davenport,mitch cupples and many more.mahon was the real deal. nothing like the sound of those cowboy boots stomping the floor when he was mad!!