Briarcrest Basketball

Guest midtnhoops

I think John Harrington deserves tons of credit for what he's done with Briarcrest. He has taken the team predicted to finish last in district and made them a dangerous team. They lost by ten to Lausanne, but turned around to beat Harding by 10, who was ranked #1 in DII State at the time. This week, they lost to ECS by 5. The team itself, even if they lose the rest of their games, has already over-achieved. The players seem to play up and down from game to game, but Coach Harrington will whip them into shape. Look for them to go to State in the next three years.

Posted by midtnhoops:

Will the head coach be back next year or will he go back to Bartlett and be Bartlett's assistant?

I don't think he'll be going back to Bartlett. Briarcrest is one of only a couple of jobs that could have gotten him to leave Bartlett, and he seemed excited about his young players last time I talked to him. Problem is, he has to count on them at the varsity level right now, which doesn't translate into wins that well.

Briarcrest had alot of unexpected player losses at the beginning of the year, before the season even started, first of all, they lost Jordan Mincy, a highly-rated PG, to Ridgeway, and Jared Plunk, a 6-6 sr C. Also, like you guys said, they are just soo young, with only one senior who isnt much of a factor, and just underclassmen, although some have alot of experience like Brian Moffatt, a 6-4 junior wing/power forward and Trey Lampkin a 6-1 wing who averages about 13pts per game. Look for Briarcrest to be very dangerous either next year, or in 2 years.