Lipscomb vs NCS 1/25

GoBama

Come on Space21, were you at the ncs/mcewen game? Both teams played great...very classy...it was a packed gym and when it went into overtime, everyone was saying how unfortunate it was for someone to have to lose. NCS is excited about their ball...give em a break. Let em show some pride for once. They finally have a "winning" team. Great! Lipscomb has a winning team. Great! Get the chip off your shoulder and say something nice. How bout it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sahoops

I'd like to see this thread locked. It's two teams who don't play each other. Who really cares who would win. Neither one of you will make it to state. The only thing the two teams have is coaching, in other words, no real talent. Stephen is mediocre at best. Have fun talkin smack to each other cause that's about all you be doing come the end of February.

You are crazy to say Lipscomb has no chance at going to state. I beleive there record speaks for its self. They play in one of the best AA districts in the state and have only one loss. Who cares what kind of talent they have or don't have, they just get it done and thats what matters. They play great as a team both offensively and defensively. Your right they do have a great coach but they also have hard working kids that work their tales off. You can question this thread and I agree it is silly to talk about teams that aren't even going to play, but to say that a top 10 team in the state isn't going to make it, is just stupid. No one can predict what will happen in the tournament and there is always the chance of getting knocked out. Everyone knows Lipscomb is the team to beat to get anywhere and till someone proves they can do just that, my money is on Lipscomb.

sahoops, what are you smokin' because it must be good. have seen lipscomb play this year. in the past maybe we havent had the best talent but this year is alot different. ask anybody who has seen us. and josh stephen is alittle better than mediocre. you dont win district mvp as a junior and be mediocre. come see us and then make a post. and sher i dont have a chip on my shoulder but when people get on here and talk about my team i will talk right back.

Guest sahoops

I have seen Lipscomb play this year. They were beat by a very talented Hume Fogg team. Yea, they may get out of district, and they may get past region, but that will be all.

Space, do they call you that because that is where you are lost. I've seen you play. You handle the ball well and can shoot the three when you are hot, but during AAU did you hit your lay-ups, I don't think so. What am I smokin'? You buddy, I'm smokin you!

BigASports...work their buts off. I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, they are executing their coaches game plan well. They are fortunate to have some depth. But they really don't have anybody besides the Stephen kid, or at least I a haven't seen it. Work, these preppy rich kids don't know the meaning of work!!

Sahoops... what in the world man? Preppy kids dont know the meaning of work? Don't ever think that all lipscomb kids are 'Preps'. I dispise being thrown into that little grouping of being a 'prep'. I would like you to know that if you had really been at the game against Hume Fogg, you will see that the game many factors that lead to the close game / our eventual loss.

1) The officating was horrible on both sides of the ball. Enough said.

2) We were coming in at least three guys down (Martin, Stinson, and Hopkins coming in sick -_-'). Comparatively, Hume Fogg came in with their entire team fully healthy and ready to go. Along with Home court advantage.

I would like to say that Hume Fogg played a good game, but to say that Lipscomb has no chance is just plain wrong. I actaully personally hope you have to swallow your words, as I think this team has just as much chance going to state as McCalister and his team did my freshman year.

P.C.

sadhoops sounds like you have some jeolousies towards what these kids have. The big ones would be heart and determination. You have no idea how hard they work and the time they put into their offseason program. It's rather obvious that you don't know the first thing about basketball. Lipscomb is good year in and out. But there is something special about this years team. I can guarantee you that they work harder than many college programs in their practices. If you don't believe that come over and see for yourself. Wait, you know they work hard and you know they are a great team, you just want to run your mouth and start stuff because you envy these boys.

Guest sahoops

RystalQuinn....excuses, excuses, excuses!

BigA...Trust me, there is nothing to be jealous about.

Mark my words. NCS out in Region! Lipscomb out at Sub-state!

BTW vs Dyer for AA state!