Region 4- 3A

helapaxt

Livingston Academy is going to right up there on the top! Lead by their QB Wilson Cates, who will be a sophmore. Also, their tailback, Brian Colson. You cant stop these two guys. Both are as fast as heck and Colson hits like a frieght train. He is also the middle linebacker along with Whitney Coleman, who will be a senior. Coleman can hit like a mo'fo, so watch out. Their best reciever, Lance Holland, will be returning for his senior year. If the ball is thrown within 5 yards of him, he will come down with it. However, they have their weak points. Their 'O' and 'D' lines are young and not all that large. They are quick and play hard, but they just aint enough.

I think this team is State Bound!!!

[Edited by ITSALLABOUTBALL on 1-25-03 1:08P]

This region is going to be so fun. This region is the toughest in 3a. Finally everyone in region must play one another. Portland will be hard to beat. Trousdale County is always good. Smith County has a good coaching staff but I believe they lose to many weapons to win region(Quarterback and Running backs) Livingston has weapons but are young. This is Macon County's year!! The line will be big, strong, and experienced. Four of the senior lineman are 3 year starters. Qback, Running back, Wideouts, and Kicker return and are experienced. Coach Dyer is taking nothing for granted. The team is working hard preparing for tough season. The heat is on the Tigers to make playoffs but their goal is to win the region. GO TIGERS!!!

First of all itsallaboutball. I agree with you about Livingston definitely being a contender. They do have some really good young talent, and Coach Eldridge will have those boys ready to play. I have had a great deal of respect for him ever since he coached in Macon County. I would never rule out Trousdale and Portland however. They have been on top many times and know what it takes to get there again. I also know that Macon will again be improved from last year and expect good things from them. I also think it will be a down year for Smith but who knows what could develop through the off season.

My Prediction for the top 4 will be very hard fought games and close games at that. My heart goes with Macon at #1 but I know that it will be difficult with the teams in this region. My head tells me Portand will be back. They played good ball at the end of the year last year after everything that they went through.

1. Trousdale

2. Portland or Macon

3. Macon or Portland

4. Livingston

5. Smith

Sorry Queenbee, just an opinion and you know what they say about those........ And I do not see anyone going undefeated. I think the top 4 will be very interesting to watch and very equally matched. Good luck to all.....

:D