Officiating at Clarkrange...again

uppercumberlandbb

Last week after the officiating at Clarkrange, Coach Pile had the guts to speak out about the quality of officiating. Tonight against Red Boiling Springs, Clarkrange had 33-35 fouls against them to 7 against RBS. This was a shameful display by the officials. Nathan Thompson fouled out after stealing the ball and was just about tackled as he headed down court. The foul was called on him! Another time Michael Green was accidently hit in the head but that was overlooked, then when he was fouled again, it was called on him. This may not have changed the outcome of the game as RBS was much more disciplined and the Buffaloes threw a lot of bad passes and forced the ball. Plus RBS has a great team and this post by no means is knocking them. But, both teams deserved better when it comes to officiating.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clarkrange23

I totally agree, the officiating at Clarkrange has been horrible, not only tonight but for several games. Clarkrange has been discriminated against and has been picked out among several ball teams, and have been given the shaft. However, we can not totally blame a loss on poor officiating, even though it could have cost us the ballgame.

Guest itsmeitsme

Yes The refs stunk. I really dont think the clarkrange boys deserve to get sucky referees every game. It never fails that they always get bad calls against them and ATLEAST one or 2 technicals. I think that TSSAA needs to do something about their referees and their ability to fairly call a game.

Guest yournumber1fan

i will have to say the refs were bad last night. terrible really. anytime a team gets 30 something fouls called to the other teams 7 something's wrong. even if it is clarkrange. meador played well. looked like clarkrange was just letting him do what he wanted. he'll be a well of a player in a few more years. rice hit some big shots from outside. hudson suprised me. he did a good job at getting to goal when he had a slower defender on him. smart kid. they did a good job of shutting green down in the first half but let him get hot in the 2nd half. that probably won the game for them right there holding him to nothing the first half. he didn't look like he was looking for his shot until the 2nd half. thompson should be getting to the rim more. he's settling for jump shots when he should be taking it to the rim on smaller defenders. the bobcats come to the range in a week. that will be fun to watch. bobcats by 20 if they shut green down. bailey's looking to be a promising player but needs to get more players involved. he might possibly be a contender for district mvp if not this year the next. who's gonna get it?