Cleveland/Oak Ridge

nick32

Oak Ridge will press and run from the start of a game to its end. However, Friday night against Central, Only one starter played in the fourth quarter for anymore than a minute. One starter moved to the point from the wing in the fourth quarter . Oak Ridge played every player on the team and all eleven players scored points in that game. In fact 43 of the 88 scored were scored by reserve players. Central played very good basketball for one half and seemed to get tired in the second half. Good Luck the rest of the season.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear 85warrior,

Oak Ridge and Clinton are next door neighbors in Anderson County. My guess is only four to eight miles separate the two. Many people from Clinton work in Oak Ridge and that makes for some fun on the job conversation. All in all, Oak Ridge and Clinton fans enjoy a heated but respectful rivalry. Of course, there are some fans that cross the line but they should be ignored.

Dear, nick32,

Clinton and Oak Ridge are both in District 3-AAA.

...FYI, Coach Prudden is a good coach and person so please, ignore the negative remarks about her. Also, DCCATVOICE knows what he is talking about.

~~Take care and go Red Bank and Oak Ridge ;)

Steve

All of these sheep that want to come in here and try to tell people that Oak Ridge does not activly recruit players and parents are blind... Just like chsbban put it, "There are girls playing now at York and Sevier County that were recruited but did the right thing and stayed home and it is paying off for them." I've seen it first hand... no sources... no guesses... It happened and continues to happen. It is sad that you have to put that high of a price on High School Sports... Come on'

And your right WillieTheWildcat... Prudden is a GREAT coach and from what I've noticed a very nice person... but you know as well as I do that she puts winning ahead of ethics in certain situations. PLEASE don't take me wrong... I repect Prudden... Like I said she is a smart coach, but I personally would rather pledge my respect toward someoe like Coach Huskey at Sevier County. Excellent coach... and everything... I mean EVERYTHING is above board.

I would love to invite you all to a live TV debate on this subject where you can put up or shut up. If you want things to change, don't do it hiding behind screen names. Lets get the the facts on the table. Bring your witnesses, documentation and prove your points. Most people on here like this site so they can learn about teams across the state. I enjoy it for that reason too but I also dislike the fact that people can say things regardless if they can be backed up in facts. I am a graduate of Oak Ridge High School and very proud of it. If there is a problem. Prove it. Next Wednesday night on Comcast Channel 15 in Anderson and Roane Counties.

[Edited by DCCATVOICE on 1-30-03 9:08A]

Thanks for the response. I guess we will just disagree on this issue. As for me bad mouthing Clinton. I will strongly disagree with that. It is a rivalry and I am on the opposite side of it than you. Anything, I say you hear as negative. Trust me, I try to go out of my way to say nice things about Clinton. We can listen to every tape of every game and you will hear that. If you were listening for it. But If I get excited for `Oak Ridge.. it all goes out the window. But, I must be doing something right. My job is to get people into the game and I guess I have done that. I love the Oak Ridge Clinton game. Thanks for respecting my school.