single A softball

THECOLONEL

So, how many of you transfered to Unaka from T.A Dugger? I am curious of what Elizabethton thinks of this :D Also, I know that Unaka is kicking off their jamboree this weekend, that will be a good chance for all upper north east TN teams to come together and get some pre-game/practices in, it should help a lot (that is if the weather is willing to cooperate :D ...Who all will Unaka be playing in this jamboree?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see a positive comment about Cosby softball. We lost a tight group of seniors (5 or 6 who had played together since tee ball) last year. There was even some rumors going that we wouldn't even have a team. The coach told me we had quite a few talented freshmen and sophomore girls come out, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how the season shapes up.

I remember Unaka playing Cosby for the sub-state last year and Cosby was a very well coached team. Was Cosby's pitcher last year a Senior? I think her last name was Valentine, I'm not for sure though. Volleyeagle, you think there is a good chance they can meet up again in the sub-state? Heck, maybe even against Unaka. :D

Yeah, Valentine was a senior last year. We really don't know who's going to pitch right now. We have a few potentials. We also had a change in the coaching staff. One of the coaches was Valentine's father, and he left with her. Our coaches really haven't gotten a good look at the team because at least three play basketball and we are currently contenders for a state berth in that sport. Our first game is next Tuesday against North Greene, so we'll see how things shape up then.

Go Eagles!

The story of single A softball begins and ends with the private schools. The small public schools just don't have enough athletes throughout the lineup to compete. There are a few public schools who will put together good seasons on the strength of a few good players, but overall the privates will dominate come tournament time.

Guest cheer4richland

richland softball will be great this year...they went far last year...and they didnt even lose a senior this year...everyone was a junior and below...so i think they will be a tough team to beat...GO RHS ALL THE WAY!!! lets go girls #3 #4 #11 # 25 #7 :o