Calling Goose!

rSquared

Like you said they're young, but I've seen steady improvement throughout the year. Sophomore Katie Kirkham (#12) is probably their best overall player. On offense she handles the ball a lot, but she has the mentality of a post player in that she attacks the basket. She is also a good rebounder. Jenny Cox (#14) is their best outside shooter and if you leave her open she will scorch the nets. She doesn't force shots either. Freshman Shae Springs (#44) is a player that could develop into a force. Right now she's really raw, but she wants the ball and has good size in the post.. Rockwood will play six or seven other players, but I think these are the top three. I think tonight's game could be a good one. The Tigers need to keep it around 40 to have a chance. These two teams will probably play several close games over the next three years, but three years from now it could be for the top spot in District 4A.

was a Coalfield win in a hard fought game that was closer than what many probably expected and closer than the final score indicated.

And I think you nailed it, goose, when you said that these two teams will probably play several more key games in the coming years that will prove to be more meaningful considering the young talent each team has! ;)

---rSquared