Predictions for 12-AAA

redbaron515

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon guys. This district is WEAK. The only games Hunters Lane has to play are McGavock and maybe Antioch. The others (Pearl Cohn, Stratford, Glencliff, Maplewood and Whites Creek are laughable at best. When was the last time a team from this district won a region tournament game? 1998 or 1999? You have 10 guaranteed wins to start the season.

regardless of being in a weak district, Steen is a

proven pitcher and could be the #1 pitcher on most

teams. She has proven that both in high school

tournaments and in travel ball. Hunters Lane can't

help what district they are in and they may or may

not go far into the playoffs, but Steen is one of the

best pitchers that you will see anywhere. ;)

Red Baron you are wrong. In 2000, Hunters Lane lost in the region to Overton and McGavock lost to Brentwood. Franklin hasn't had a good team since Brittney Ezell graduated, although Naomi Fitzgerald was really good. I can't remember what Hunters Lane did in '99, but Antioch lost in the 1st round. I know McGavock beat Centennial in'98 and lost in the sub-state to Beech while HLHS lost to Brentwood.

[Edited by bigchief on 1-30-03 10:16A]

[Edited by bigchief on 1-30-03 2:05P]

Big Chief, the Red barron is correct. He said the 1st round and there are 2 rounds in the district. They beat Franklin in the Semi final and lost to Overton in the final. I also agree with you about the ditrict. But, as FP stated they can't help who is in their district. Steen is the type caliber pitcher that could help carry them deep into the playoffs if not the state. But, a team still has to have a supporting cast behind them. This quite possibly could be the problem for Hunters Lane.

govolz, you are wrong as well. Hunters Lane did not beat Franklin in the region in 2000. They lost their first round game to Overton. They beat Mcgavock twice out of the loser's bracket to win the DISTRICT. Then they lost to Overton. Franklin has not gotten out of that district since at least '96. In '97 McGavock won the district and lost to Overton, HLHS was district runner-up and went to Brentwood. In '98, McGavock won the district and beat Centennial in the 1st round and lost to Brentwood in the region final and Beech in the sub-state. Brentwood had eliminated HLHS two days before in the 1ST ROUND! In '99, Hunters Lane won the district and Antioch was the runner-up. I believe HLHS won their 1st round game that year, then lost in the region final and sub-state, but I am not positive. Why don't you ask Coach Roche since you can't except FACTS from me even though I was there for all of it. Also, for your information there are 2 rounds in the REGION, not the district. It has 3.

[Edited by bigchief on 1-30-03 12:28P]

I know when to eat crow, and it's not tasting to good right now. I stand corrected after doing some more research. You are right and I'm wrong. It was 2001 that I was thinking about. Also, I made a typo in my post and said district instead of region. I guess it was words before actions from me. Just goes to show kids "ya better do your homework"

Didn't mean to ruffle the feathers.

Your are still the BIGCHIEF.