Perry Co. Basketball........

LadySunday

Everyone gets on here and talks about the best player on the team, the best one in the district, and so on, but Perry County doesn't have any just outstanding players, they just have a great team. I mean when any of their 1-6 players are out the struggle some. Rhodes sit out Hampshire and Mt. Pleasant and Perry County didn't play its best. Same for Gray and Jackson out at Waynesboro. Not even to mention their starting shooting guard whose expected back close to district toury. So don't worry about everyone's crap on here, ya'll are playing great.

The Vikings from Perry Co. are indeed on a roll, but just how far will they roll. I believe this team has the desire and talent to bring home the state. This team has one thing the 96 team didn't have, heart. And for that one reason I believe this team is better than the year of '96. It really wouldn't be fair to compare the two team because this years team has so much more of an advantage. Chase Richardson is 2x's the player Kirk Hastin's was in high school. Grey is a better ball handler and shooter than anyone on the '96 team also. And this year's team is led by a much more talented and caring coach who actually understands the game and his players. Is Perry Co. the best team in the state...we'll find out, but they are the best team ever from Perry Co.

While I agree with most things Ike said such as the ballhandling and coaching I have to disagree about the Haston/Richardson comparison. Haston was a monster and was easily the best player in A that year. While Richardson would overpower the Haston of '97 and maybe out-hustle him he simply doesn't have his shooting touch, low post moves, or jumping ability.

But to say either team was best ever is crazy. The teams of '77 led by Rhodes and the '56 and '57 teams led by Ellison have to be the best ever. What I'd pay money for is to see a six team tournament featuring the '56, '57, '77, '95, '97, and '03 teams face off. That would be great basketball.

Ok this years team is good and all and I think RIchardson is a good ball player but to say that he is 2 times the player Haston was is absolutely ridiculous. Haston went to Indiana and is in the NBA folks, RIchardson might get a scholarship to a division II school. I don't say this to disrespect Richardson because I think he is the best in our district this year. Also 97's team would wax those teams from the past. Kids are bigger, faster, and stronger these days. Highschool posts used to be 6'2 and slow. Now they are 6'5 to 6'8 with speed.