highest maxes

dcal2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Longsnapper,

You are right, 260 bench press is pretty dang good for a sophomore. But if you think that is good, you should have seen Jamal Price at Riverdale his sophomore year: 1999 season. He cleaned 260, benched 330, and squated 600. And he only weighed 190. His pound/pound was 6.3. He set several records at the Warrior Invitational weightlifting tournament that year.

We have a coach stand on each side of the person squatting who watches the person get their legs to a 90 degree angle. Could you explain what beepers are to me, I've never heard of those, and I would like to know more.

I also would like to hear of some impressive power clean numbers, beacuse that is probably the most important lift for football.

Beepers are a great idea with a few flaws. They strap on to the thigh and are designed to go off or "beep" when they're at a parallel angle. The catch is that they have to be put on the leg in the exact, right place or its obsolete, and if you have large thighs, they easily pop off as you lift. But I'm sure the bands can be bought larger, this was just a problem we had with the ones at my old school. In general, thought, I'd say they're accurate. Sometimes a psychological block, so it takes some getting used to.

I saw Ron Akins of Riverdale power clean 330 at a meet in '99. He was in the 210 division if I recall correctly.