Best high school middle infield duo?

fanniemaye

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a lot of tournament and high school teams play over the years and I think Turner and Toombs from Coffee County are not only the best infield duo in Middle TN, I think they are the best in the state. These two young ladies have played travel ball, high school and fall ball together since they were 12 years old. A lot of experience!!

AMY HUTCHINS HAS PROVED HERSELF SINCE 8TH GRADE AS

A SS NOW IN HER SR YR IT ONLY GETS BETER.. LACI

UPCHURCH STARTED IN CF FOR DA AS AN 8TH GRADER

MOVED IN TO 2ND AS A FRESMAN...ANYWHERE FROM

BEHIND 2ND BASE TO 1ST BASE - SPEED, GOOD BASIC

DEFENCE -- CAN'T OVER LOOK THEM AT THE PLATE

EITHER - AMY BATTING AT .500 WITH 2 HR AND

LACI BATTING AT .350 WITH 7 HR LAST YR REG SEASON

THEY ARE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

No, what it means is that whoever keeps the books (probably a team manager who knows nothing about how to properly keep the books) gives hits every time the batter get's on base. The ball goes between the shortstop's legs; it's not 0-1 it's 1-1 for these kind of book keepers. I've even seen book keepers give 3-3 for a kid who got walked twice and reached once on an error. As far as bating averages go, high school books are the most unreliable source of information there is. However, there are exceptions, some high schools keep true books. The kids at these schools suffer when it comes time for picking all-state teams. The schools with the phony batting averages usually prevail.

You said that if she was batting .500 then she must be playing bad teams. Now the girl I'm talking about hit .563 in the Watagua. We play Unicoi County and Happy Valley. Now I'm not sure if you are making an attack at me saying I don't know softball, but my previous statement was against what you said about she must be playing bad teams. Maybe she's just that good.

Anyways, my girlfriend plays for Sullivan East and she hit .420 last year. I say that pretty good for high school softball. She gets on base and get her job done, best of luck to you and yours. I love softball, so don't think I don't know it.