Region 6 Finals

Guest bqahs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberatore is pretty good, he wrestled at the Ryan tournament this year and did pretty well.

He is a region 7 guy so I would guess he's going to be a pretty agressive wrestler. I've seen Weakley from Clarksville and Bennett from Dickson. Both of those guys are good. Since they are in the same region I would have to guess he's better than Weakley but not as good as Bennett.

By the way I have seen the Brackets. I guess if my boy is going to do anything he'll have to bring his A+ game.But then again you never know, thats why they have the match.

Though the officiating wasn't too bad, some of these referees need to get their head out of thir rear ends and officiate nonpartisan. There were several occasions during the tournament where matches were held up because an official wanted to watch his son in a match. Albeit his son is a pretty good wrestler, don't detract from another athlete. If he wanted to watch his son, do like the Vanderloop's father and sit in the stands and make too much noise. Otherwise, he needs to do what he is being paid for and be an official. Not a coach and all the other stuff he does.

• 3 weeks later...

nununu,

Would you rather the official to continue his job, and end up in a situation where a call must decide a match, but be distracted by his current son's match? I think I'd rather him do the smart thing by going ahead and watching the match, rather than allowing his son's match to go on while trying to do an efficient job officiating. Just my opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The referee is to do his job. No matter who is on the mat. Like I said before, he gets paid to be a referee, not a spectator, concentrate on your job, and get results later. He knew of the situation when the tournament began, don't hurt someone else's chances for your own selfishness.

nununun,

I am one of the officials in question here.

The coaches choose the refs for their regions. They approve the list. Take it up with them.

I agree with you, mostly. In a perfect senario, you would only have unattached officials from either their kid's school parcipitation or alumni status.

You maybe would rather have a first year official call and determine your kids chance to make the state?

Or...

I am ready to retire. I have a complete wrestling officials gear, with the striped shirt. I will make you a deal!

reftn