Bballtn ejected at OS?

goosevol

What were the refs thinking? Did they at least let you get a Macho Nacho on your way out the door?

All kidding aside, you shouldn't have got the boot tonight(At least from I heard). An official has to be able to tune out the crowd. Now if a person is screaming obscenities or disrupts the game then its ok, but to kick a fan out just because he can yell louder or is sitting closer to the court than the other fans that are griping about calls is crazy.

Oh well, I'm probably the only guy who never gripes about officials because I think they do their best, but I think tonight a mistake was made.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Goosevol about the ejection. It was absolutely crazy. I have seen sooooo much worse in the world of AAU. I guess the AAU refs are a little more tough, or a little less confident.

The game however was a great one. Laura Hall, as usual wow'ed the audience. I love watching her play! She hustles so hard and she is so quick.

Guest sportsguy4lf

Most likly some skinny punk as I heard the cop told Monk he was ejected and Monk asked the ref why didn't he do it?? Famous words from Monk its not over yet buddy!!!

According to the 2002-03 TSSAA Handbook the ref doesn't have the right to eject a fan. It says " If a Fan acts in an unsportsmanlike manner, the official shall report it to the game administrator. The game administrator should handle the situation in an appropriate manner. If the school does not handle it appropriately, the official shall file a report of the incident with his supervisor and state office and the school shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary action"

If the ref has more power than this I was not able to find it on the the TSSAA web site.