DI v. DII - Champion Challenge

pantheon

(out of the blue...we get a question like this)

Naw, just kiddin..... Yeah, East Ridge did beat McCallie by one point. Although, I did hear that McCallie had 3 to 4 wrestlers out including Connell, I'm not too sure who the others are though?

-Tike

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigFatFan

Steve the more I get to know you, the more respect I have for you. It's no wonder your wrestlers do so well. Keep up the good work and Best of Luck to you and your team this weekend!

I'm going to ask one more time (with all due respect to all those that have had their feelings hurt) ... There has got to be more folks out there that would love to talk abot how these teams stack up.....Forget the possibility of them wrestling, the fun is in the discussion. Who would win? I'll start it off. AGAIN !!

103 White #3 vs. Tinsley #2 - Tinsley d (3)

112 Roberts #4 vs. Morris UR - Roberts pin (6)

119 Cleveland #2 vs. Cordell #1 - Cleveland d (3)

125 Silberman #1 vs. Fuller UR - Silberman tf (5)

130 Smith #2 vs. West #2 - Smith d (3)

135 Manley #1 vs. Baker #2 - Manley md (4)

140 Blair #1 vs. Creagan #1 - Blair d (3)

145 Scott #1 vs. Spain UR - Scott pin (6)

152 Connell #2 vs. Catlett #1 - Catlett d (3)

160 Levitt #4 vs. Gibson #1 - Gibson pin (6)

171 Lobbs UR vs. Blackmon #5 - Blackman tf (5)

189 Rudolph #3 vs. Cooper #1 - Cooper d (3)

215 Martin UR vs. Bailey UR - Bailey d (3)

275 Green UR vs. Grady UR - Grady d (3)

McCallie 30 - Bradley 26

Just speculating, what do the rest of you think?

What a match it would be !!!

Guest 1moretime

if i remember right cleveland left the public because he never could or would ever win state because of cordell or james. this is just the obvious one of all the matches. catlett obviously is not getting the credit he deservers. i guess since mccallie has not seen catlett they do not realize how good he is. we did find the joker

Lovinit and 1moretime,

Is there something in this thread that makes people immature or incapable of being cordial. What does it take for you two and and the others to discuss this subject intelligently?

What if I turned it around and said

Bradley 30 McCallie 26? Obviuosly there is no one interested in discussing even the thought of these two teams wrestling without bitterness.

Too bad ... let it die.

This doen't make sense. Cleveland is in Leens weight this year. Seams to me he would have a better chance at James or Cordell. Cleveland is a much improved wrestler from last year, to the point I think he takes Cordell.

As far as the Catlett and the rest of the Bradley team getting the respect they deserve: I think everyone gives them the greatest respect and they deserve it. If they didn,t, this thread wouldn't exist.

Hey!! I know a way they could get that respect.

BigFatFan do you also go by the name "Mr. Hanson"? Your name fits his description of himself.

Would someone smittened by Coach Logsdon please ask him politely why Bradley won't wrestle Baylor or McCallie? Maybe he'll answer your question. If anyone else asks, he questions their motivation in asking it. About half the posters, I included, on this thread don't have a dog in the "ordeal" Coach Logsdon referred to earlier. A lot of people around the state would drive to Cleveland or Chattanooga to watch the two best dual meet teams wrestle. A civil and coherent explanation of why this can't happen would be appreciated. Remember the operative words are "civil" and "coherent". Just because isn't a reason.

Takedown3, I know Coach Logsdon and he doesn't owe you an explanation. He has been coaching and debating this subject for a long time and is very tired of each new set of opposing parents/fans demanding an explanation every few years. What is next? His views on religion? or maybe Iraq? maybe his political choices? his favorite color?

I will tell you this. If you're really so curious, I have a crazy idea. Go up to him, look him in the eye, introduce yourself and ask your question. I'm pretty sure that curious adults usually handle questions in that manner. He won't bite you, and as he states, you'll have an opportunity to stand behind your sarcasm.

Unless McCallie and Bradley are going to wrestle, I wasn't planning a trip to Chattanooga because I can watch the finals on TV. Since you're a buddy of Logsdon, wouldn't you be kind enough to ask for us? You don't need to ask him that stuff about religion, favorite colors, etc. That would be kind of silly. I think you were being a little sarcastic, weren't you? As far as owing me or anyone an explanation, he doesn't. But as you can read here and elsewhere, a lot of people would like to know. I think it would be a great imposition for Coach Logsdon to have to awswer each one of us individually. If you can point me to where Coach Logsdon has actually answered the question, I'd be glad to read it.

How does he explain to his wrestlers why he won't let them wrestle Baylor or McCallie?

[Edited by takedown3 on 2-11-03 10:31P]

[Edited by takedown3 on 2-11-03 10:33P]