DI v. DII - Champion Challenge

pantheon

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was the elusive explanation I was promised? The McCallie coach said "We don't recruit." To paraphrase Coach Logsdon, "It won't happen." Let's go back to the beginning, about 20 pages ago. It wasn't the coaches asking for a match, although I believe both Morgan and Connell would welcome one. It is some wrestling fans. Apparently, we as fans lack status to complain or question why a match can't take place. I was referred to an article that doesn't exist, a previous post by Legman(Logsdon) that I can't find because the Coacht search engine doesn't work, and calling Coach Logsdon at home - "Hey Coach I know it's the Wednesday night before the state. Could you tell me why you won't let your boys wrestle McCallie or Baylor". Give me a thread and I'll try to find Legman's post if it exists. It might turn out to be like Gossett's article.

[Edited by takedown3 on 2-12-03 5:19P]

Guest 1moretime

i like how you pick certain sentences to start something up about.why have you not responded to anything about mccallie recruiting more than were suppose to. why are you not responding to mccallie actually wanting the split so they could keep recruiting. WHY DONT U RESPOND FOR ONCE cause obviously you have a one track mind

This isn't about McCallie or Bradley recruiting. It's about Bradley not wrestling McCallie and Baylor and the reason(s) why they don't. Are you saying that Bradley won't wrestle McCallie and Baylor because they recruit? That's it!

The article by Jenkins had a quote in it from Coach Connell where he says he doesn't recruit. I'm willing to take his word for it just as I'll take Coach Logsdon's that he doesn't. I'm not in a position to question either one's veracity. With programs the calibre of Bradley's. McCallie's and Baylor's coaches don't have to recruit, the program does it itself.

I'm fine waiting on thegatling to put the question directly to Logsdon. You and a number of other folks have assured the rest of us he'll answer.

The reason for the split is scholarship athletes not recruiting.

[Edited by takedown3 on 2-12-03 6:51P]

[Edited by takedown3 on 2-12-03 6:53P]

Takedown3,

While I will keep this short, I'd like to prevent a potential uncomfortable situation. Many weeks, months and years of hard work has gone in to prepare for this weekend. If my guys do well, I'll be pleased. In this moment of acheivement, I will have no desire to talk to any of you. If my guys don't do well, I will be disappointed and I will have no desire to talk to you. Do you see a trend here? I have been anonymously attacked for many years, yet only Gordon Connell and Jim Morgan have actually spoken with me in person. Do not think that you will take this weekend as your opportunity to finally show some courage. Take out Christmas day, and that still leaves you with 361 days to discuss this issue with me.

This is a big weekend for many wrestlers across the state. Let this be their weekend. Save your personal agenda for another time. I'm not going anywhere. (Takedown3, still didn't catch your name....)

Good luck to all the wrestlers participating,

Coach Logsdon

You know fellas,

We argued this issue for a week now and we could argue and insult one another for another week and we would end up exactly where we started. This is pointless.

We'd be better off meeting in the parking lot at McKenzie before the finals and beat on each other for a while. We may not come to an agreement but at least half of us would feel better.

I have one LAST GREAT IDEA...Next week, Coach Logsdon could hold a meeting at UTC and explain why Bradley will not wrestle McCallie. The Chattanooga Takedown club could be the host and charge admission to get in the door. All proceeds could be donated to UTC Wrestling. If this thread is any indication...That meeting would bring in more than a BC-MCC match.

Let's let this thread drop off the page...PLEASE

[Edited by toughest6 on 2-12-03 7:51P]

I don't think anywhere in this thread you'll find where I attacked Bradley or you. You will find where I and several other posters asked why you wouldn't let your wrestlers compete with McCallie or Baylor wrestlers.We were A) referred to non existent interview by Gossett, :rolleyes: referred to some difficult to find post where you explained your position, and C) told to call you or talk to you in person.

Bradley supporters offered your personal time presumptuously. I am kind of wierded out that you would on a wrestling chat line the night before the states.

The answer to the question is apparently only a mystery outside of Chattanooga and Cleveland. I guess I'm willing to let it go and the formula for Coca Cola too.

Guest 1moretime

if mccallie does not recruit how in the world, did they get a public private split. do u even know what that is or means. you proved u have no idea what you are talking about.they had to many guys that they recruited thats why they got in trouble. tell me again they dont recruit

Guest 1moretime

what do u think scholarships are for. if u give someone a scholarship than u recruited them. anyone w/ a slight bit of sense would know that. it kills me how some people can not get things through. if the kids were coming on there own will why would he give them a scholarship? i bet any college coach says hey, here is a scholarship that is recruiting. ask terry brands this weekend i bet he will tell u the same.

takedown3, What do you think coach Logsdon would be doing the night before that state? Working on his magic moves? Look at the brackets for the 100th time? Praying to God for yet another state championship? If you knew anything about coach Logsdon or wrestling for that matter you'd know by at this point in the season there is little a coach can do but try to relax and get a good nights sleep and answer a post from someone who didn't have anything better to do the day before the state tournament starts.