What Official would you want........

sly

Maybe we should remain positive with our post's and then no one will have hurt feelings. We do have some good officials in TN and some bad. I started this post with the intent on giving some props to the best officals and didn't really consider the others. I do agree that things do tend to head south pretty fast at times on these boards. Oh well, you don't have to play if you don't want to but if you do lets keep it positive..........please.

Lord knows its a thankless job, they have to really love the sport to expose themselves to the abuse. Danny is a fine ref along with Craft, Williams, Heffington, Vineyard and others. Ken Mara has called the last several NCAA's, so people much more knowledgeable then us have evaluated his skills highly. Morgan Hall has done a good job the last few times I've seen him. Several good younger ones come to mind like Sewell and the guy with short brown hair that was at the state duals (sorry about the name). Compared to what I've seen traveling around, I'd be happy with any of these.

i think big jack g. and the ref that wrestled at b/c when he was in high school. sorry, don't know his name. i watched him at the bradley invitational, and he was very good. additionally, i watched him at a dual at mcminn and he was very vocal and instructive to the wreslers. both of these do a fine job. pete staffords son doesn't do a bad job either.

I agree with other posters that there are many good officials. As someone else posted, Danny Gilbert has always appeared to be on the money. His consistency has taught me over the years, that if he makes the call, I accept it without question. The same is true with Ken Mira...and others, I might add.

In the long run of it, most probably, what most of us would like are officials who have a keen knowledge of wrestling and the rules that govern it, who carry no baggage, who see their roles as agents for managing the progress of a match with the least invasive presence possible. Tennessee has had over the years, and still has, many top rung officials.

The young official with short brown hair at the State Duals quite possibly was Steve Craig. He was voted by Middle Tennessee coaches last year as their Official of the Year. Quite an honor for such a vote of confidence for a young official who is still in school.