Temple 65 Boyd 63

dprairiedog

I should have figured you were a child when I read your first post, my bad. As to your story, you had better be careful with your facts...because you don't know who was there and who was not. As for your "bragging" yes you did mean to brag, the words did not slip from your fingers accidently on to your post. As for Caleb, we will just wait and see, where YOU end up and where he ends up. Enough said.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Child? Wow you got me there, that hurts deep down let me tell you, and when did I say I didn't mean to brag, I said, "I am not bragging." So don't tell me what my intentions were, and besides I thought this post was about the temple boyd game and their players, not about me and what I was tryin to do. And what colleges are lookin at him, Tennessee Temple? Guess we will see who ends up where.

[Edited by mnewballer21 on 2-11-03 3:28P]

[Edited by mnewballer21 on 2-11-03 3:28P]

Guest sdux4uoe

Hey don't knock Tn. Temple Univ. at last check they were 24-3 and had beaten some good teams. Ryan wadley has signed to go there, he's excited . Oh by the way didn't Temple beat Ooltewah by 10 this year. You do play for Ooltewah don't you?

Yes thats true, but that was at the beginning of the season that they beat us, and we were having many personal problems within our team/coaching, now that everything is worked out we have been on a roll, winning 3 of 4 and beating brainerd (the #2 team in our district) at Brainerd, and tonight we just got done handin it to Central who is 17-3 and the #1 team in our district, so we'll just see what happens next year when Temple visits Ooltewah.

[Edited by mnewballer21 on 2-11-03 10:03P]

The BBS vs Temple was indeed a great game. Being a Boyd fan I was certaintly disappointed in the outcome. The refs did do a better job in this game than the last( they didnt go sprinting out the door in this one) They did however miss some cruciel calls late in the game. They called a block on our player when it was clearly a charge. This sent temple to the line which both shots were made. Two points was the difference in the final score... go figure. Also I dont believe the foul was intentional. it was a foul but not intentional. One other thing i noticed was after every call Jake Skogen would go and have a chat with the refs. He has done that alot this year. Maybe he is a little to chummy with the refs? Also i was wondering can temple players stand up? Everyone of them fell down if someone got near them. Bunch of floppers if u ask me. Finally coach Wadly is the biggest baby i have ever seen!

At the game I saw Boyd-Buchanan, their team went out on the floor to shoot as soon as halftime started in the girls game. One of the refs stopped to chat with a player for a second both chuckled and the ref patted him on the back before going to the locker roon. Do you think that meant anything?

Temple is not a bunch of floppers as you say. Boyd did more of that, Temple was also on the ground alot because Boyd plays a dirty game and gets maybe alittle too violent. Also Caleb Skogen is a great ball player and will have even more colleges looking at him the closer he gets to graduating. MNEWBALLER21- Temple will be playing Brainard Friday night and you should come see the game and at the beginning of the season about yalls personal problems you should try and not let those get in the way of your game. have you asked the aau coach about Calebs playing i am curious to see what he said to you. last, how many colleges know your name or your big brothers???

:D

Tnfootball,

Jake did not talk to the refs after EVERY call, however, every team is allowed one talking captain who is allowed to ask questions and voice concerns on the floor. The refs ask who that is before the game starts. Jake is and has been that guy all year for Temple. It is just part of the game.

ok saders, geez like I have already said, I never said that Caleb was a bad player so just get over that, if thats not good enough for you then I apologize just end that, and I'm sorry if we let personal problems get in the way of our game at the beginning of the year, but we're not the only team in history that has happened to it happens quite a lot actually, I'm not even using that as an excuse that yall beat us, you guys beat us fair and square, I never disagreed with that, all I was tryin to say was that our team is now on a little roll and have been playing "team" basketball now, and we weren't at that point in the season, and I was just sayin that to someone that was tryin to make it sound that we weren't a good team, which our record says we aren't but that isn't true, we haven't lost a game by more than 10 pts except to Cleveland, and that was without arguably our most dominant player Sherman Moton because he had just broken his cheek bone the day before, and that game was within 3 pts until 3 minutes left in the game, then we started fouling/fell apart, etc. That is all I have to say though, and I don't care how many colleges I have looking at me, that doesn't mean I won't play college basketball b/c I would most definitely love to it would be nice if there were colleges wanting me and I want to find out those that would, but I have other plans for my future, I'm sorry, I just have a passion for basketball and enjoy playing it and happen to be ok at it and thats why I continue playing.

[Edited by mnewballer21 on 2-13-03 1:58P]

[Edited by mnewballer21 on 2-13-03 2:02P]