Lipscomb @ Macon County

GoBama

Actually rather boring game, especially after the very exciting girls game. The guys seemed a little sluggish. I agree with you bama, should be a good crowd tonight and it should be more exciting.

How does Abe make getting 20 points a night look so easy?

Also, do know anything about Hickman Cty?

[Edited by khopkins on 2-8-03 8:39A]

I don't know much about Hickman County at all. All i know is there record(10-8 overall, 5-7 in 11-AAA)...there box scores say they have a good player in Matthew Dotson some of the time, other times he doesn't score as much. Anyone else know anything about them...post it please.

• 3 weeks later...

Hickman county has improved much this year. Coach Ron Pucket really takes control and disiplins his team well. 6'7'' Matthew Dotson dominates the inside while 6'6'' Grant Leaver hits the 3s, but needs to work on his D. Micheal Jenkins and E.J. Gunter are awsome on defense. I think they will go far. They are not only a good team but have class and sportsmanship. :D

In their two games against Lipscomb, Macon County scored 26 and 41 points, respectively. Harris scored 8 of the team's 26 in the first meeting, and 19 of the team's 41 in the second meeting.

Lipscomb's defense was flawless in the first meeting - Macon County didn't score in the 4th quarter. In the second meeting Macon County had better success, but still scored only 41, which is probably about what Lipscomb has averaged allowing opponents this year. They (Lipscomb) are a tough defensive team. To be precise, they have allowed 42.375 points per game on average. That's less than 11 points a quarter.

[Edited by horsefly on 2-24-03 9:46P]

I think their oppenent gets 40.0 points per game to Lipscomb's 58.6 PPG. And yes, Harris can play. He is probably their only real threat. There are others...but he is almost always ahead in the box scores. Lipscomb will most likely concentrate on stopping him more since did hurt them last game in the 4th quarter. Lipscomb plays at 6:30 @ home.

That is what is on Lipscomb's site...it may not be right.

[Edited by GoBama on 2-24-03 10:02P]

Nathan Harris is a big time player. He dropped 30 on Station Camp, and hit the game winning 3-pointer with 2 seconds left. Macon County is severly undermanned, and Nathan is their only real threat. Jon West is a great athlete, who can really play. However he is a 5'10" post, and that really hurts him. He plays alot bigger than what he is, and could be a dominating wing, but Jon plays where the team needs him, and never questions it. If West and Harris shoot lights out against David Lipscomb the game could stay within single digits, however the Mustangs do have a smothering defense, and if Stephens comes back they are one of my picks to go to Murfreesboro.