Metro Nashville Middle School Championships

BuckLateral

Hey Cole 703. Nashville Catholic didn't have the pleasure of wrestling Moore this year but would very much like to have them on the schedule next year if they can work it out. Same for MBA. You know, middle school wrestling season in Nashville is strange. The HVAC has some great teams, but their season starts and ends like three weeks into the city. And the city has different times than the county (MTWA) league. And they all have different weight classes. Are other parts of the state like this? Any talk of standardizing weights or dates?

bkpres,

The middle school wrestling schedule in Middle Tennessee & Nashville is kind of strange. The HVAC start their season early and finish before the Christmas Holiday's. The reason for this is so that the students may participate in both wrestling and basketball (which starts after January 1). The Middle Tennessee Wrestling Association runs a more traditional season schedule but finishes their season around January 15 and the Metro middle schools finish around the 1st of February.

Just my observation but Grassland (HVAC) was much better than any of the other schools with MBA (HVAC) a close second. Moore (Metro) would have had a good match with Springfield (MTWA) and Nashville Catholic (MTWA). The HVAC has average athletes and superior coaching. Metro has superior athletes and average coaching. MTWA has good athletes and the coaching is getting much better especially with the additiion of Joe Jones & Randy Thomas (Springfield) and Gorham, Simpson, & Gobel at Nashville Catholic. What really needs to happen is for Metro and MTWA to merge their conferences into one conference. They could have a great 16 man championship bracket at the tournament. I would include the HVAC into this conference but I doubt that they would change their schedule dates.

I am sure that both MBA and Nashville Catholic would put Moore on their schedule for next season. It is my understanding that Nashville Catholic tried to get both Moore and McMurray to wrestle a quad on Saturday of the Ryan tournament but McMurray declined because they were not going to practice over the holiday's and Moore never returned 2 seperate telephone calls. Maybe they can work it out next season. It would be great if Nashville Catholic, J.T. Moore, Mater Dei (Evansville), and Baylor or McCallie could get together for a quad.

[Edited by cbg on 2-10-03 9:45A]