CoachT/Gomab---State Predictions???

TNBballMan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Donald Ensor and the Unaka Rangers have upset the Eagles more than once and kept them from the state tournament. Rusty Chambers and Jr. Josh Jones are on a rampage. When McInturff is hot the three drop for him and Cline is probably one of the best improved players around. But Cosby has already beaten the Rangers twice. Third time is a charm and the Eagles must beat Ensor for a third time. It may be hard to do

Class AAA...

Substate (West)

1)White Station

2)East

(Fairley, Hamilton, Mem Northside, Jackson Northside, Bartlett, Bolton, and Dyersburg could make a move in the Strongest and Deepest area of the State)

Substate (North)

3)Maplewood

4)Hillsboro

(Hendersonville, Brentwood, LaVergne, McGavock, Clarksville, Henry Co, Clarksville NE, Smyrna, McGavock could all make runs as well...Hendersonville and LaVergne are right up there and are also favorites to make State)

Substate (South)

5)Cleveland

6)Oakland

(This Substate is very Top Heavy, as Columbia, Oakland, Bradley Central, and Cleveland are a fearsome Top 4. Look for Blackman, Riverdale or Lebanon to make a run, as well as surprise teams Shelbyville, McMinn Co)

Substate (East)

7)Maryville

8)Dobyns-Bennett

(This is the year Science Hill does not make it. Bearden, Greeneville will compete as well)

I'll go with the obvious here and take White Station to win the whole thing again, in an All-Memphis finals...

[Edited by gomab2 on 2-9-03 10:18P]

Class AA....

Substate (West)

1)Dyer Co

2)Ridgeway

(Ridgeway looks to be the best in the State right now, but this Substate is absolutely MURDER. BTW is playing as well as anyone right now. Haywood Co, Fayette-Ware, Raleigh-Egypt, among others, are also among the best in the State)

Substate (North)

3)Bolivar

4)Giles Co

(Anything can happen, but this looks like the easiest Substate in any class to predict. These are two of the Top 4 teams in the State right now. Jackson Southside, Humbolt, Milan could get in the way)

Substate (South)

5)Lipscomb

6)Howard

(Hume Fogg is right there with the other two. Portland, Hixson, and York look to challenge, along with Upperman, Springfield, MLK)

Substate (East)

7)Elizabethton

8)Austin East

(Elizabethton looks to be the best in the East right now. I'm going with Austin East right now because they know how to get there. Fulton, Loudon, and Sullivan Central are right there, with Fulton looking very good right now)

I'll go with the upset pick and take Bolivar to win the State Crown, avenging an earlier loss to Ridgeway...

Class A....

I'm not exactly sure how the Regions and Substates go in Class A, but here goes a try...

Substate (West)

1)Mitchell

2)Adamsville

Substate (North)

3)Culleoka

4)Perry Co

Substate (South)

5)Temple

6)Red Boiling Springs

Substate (East)

7)Cosby

8)Hancock Co

-McEwen, Nashville Christian, Pickett and Trenton Peabody are the best teams in the State that I don't have going to state... Also watch for Boyd Buchannon, Forrest, Goodpasture, DCA, CPA, FRA, or even Ezell)

I like Temple to repeat as Champs, over either Mitchell or

Adamsville.....

[Edited by gomab2 on 2-9-03 10:48P]

Gomab, where's the love for Red Boiling Springs? I know they're a no-name team for many people but they're streaking. They beat your state team Pickett by 25 Friday night, and that made 2 losses in a row for them. RBS is 20-3, 8-0 on the year. They have beaten everyone in their district at least once and beaten the top 4 teams in the neighbor district at least once also. They should run through the District Tourney, and should have no problem getting into the championship of their Region, which isn't all that tough this year. So come one, where's the love?