Volunteer Falcons

Stokomo

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EastTennFan

6'8' and missed the free throw to win the game...Volunter out rebounded North...Volunteer should have won they game in regulation...What happened to the defense after the free-throw...there were two guys back and they just watched....other player beside chuck have to step up....23 points from other player besides chuck....How many easy shots did Volunteer miss under the basket? I think Volunter played man once and 6'8"was be beat by Scarscaloni for a lay-up. Volunteer needs a big win tuesday...they will be ready for North in the tourney

[Edited by EastTennFan on 2-15-03 9:54P]

defense played too deep. Should have come out on the three point shooters. Number 30/33 sometimes got the ball and the nearest defender was ten to fifteen yards away. They were not going to beat us in the paint. If we cannot shoot the three point shot, then we must stop their shooters. And you cannot stop their shooters by playing back in the paint.

I watched the JV and really liked the way they moved the ball.

Guest EastTennFan

10 ten 15 yards away???? HaHa...that is 30 to 45 feet away. (that is over half the court) How big are your fish you catch? Do you exaggerate about that too? Bottom line Volunteer should have won the game at the line or not let #44 drive the entire lenght of the court.

Well, let me put it this way. Most of the three point shots were uncontested. And the fact still remains that those responsible for guarding them were too far away. They were far enough away that they could not get to the shooter. You will have a pretty hard time trying to convince me that I did not see what I saw. And the game was lost because the guards did not contribute points. The game should not have been close enough for a missed foul shot to have lost the game.

Since you responded to my post in such a civil tone, let me ask you if you have ever heard of the word "hyperbole". It is a way of making a point through exaggeration. Look it up and increase your vocabulary.

[Edited by caylor on 2-15-03 11:19P]

Guest EastTennFan

I am not trying to convince you what you saw. You just exagerated on the distance. If is a huge word. You say the game should not have come down to a missed free-throw, but it did...that is a FACT....you can argue defenses and offenses, however the missed free-throw and 44 going the distance was the game...Volunteer makes the free-throws and I dont think anyone says anything about the defense or the guard play or the three's they hit.

Caylor, I have to disagree. We lost the first time because we let Scarcelone free inside and Buchanan drove the lane for easy baskets. Why not make them beat you outside? I do not think they can do it, and I do not think they did Friday night. Remember a 3 point shot is only one point more than a 2 point shot and the percentages from out side are not as good as inside. Remember they missed a lot of 3 point shots.

When 5' 11" out rebounds 6' 8" there is a problem. That may be why 55 was on the bench.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 2-17-03 5:02P]

Saying the missed free throw is the reason Volunteer lost is insane.

:28 left..Volunteer with the ball and a four point lead....half-court trips our point guard and turnover..you could just as easily blame it on that incident.

Bottom line..Volunteer did not take care of business..be it coaching or players or both..got happy with the four point lead..played not to lose rather than to win.

No one with double digit scoring but Lindholm..That must change to win district.

You out rebound a team like Volunteer did..should be an easy victory.

55 and 21 both with double digit rebounds..that wasn't the problem. Looked to me that 55 was put on teh bench because he didn't come out and cover 44 on one series of plays.

WAY TOO MANY MISSED SHOTS! (and easy ones at that by the WHOLE team)

The past is behind us..on to victory at Cherkokee!!

[Edited by unbiased on 2-17-03 9:25A]