OS @ McMinn Central

OSHSman

The McMinn girls sure had a lot to prove and they did. Hats off to them, as they were ready to play.

I would love to know the shooting % for them on the night. It had to be in the upper 70's if not higher.

Granted the refs were pitiful all night, with calling a total of 6 T's in both games. But the REF's had nothing to do with the KITTENS LOOSING. NO TEAM COULD HAVE BEAT THE CHARGERS LAST NIGHT... WHAT A SHOW..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Basketball32:

Yeah thats what happens when you get the Lady Cats out of their own gym!!! No home cooking!!

Poll: Has anyone ever heard of a team getting "visiting cooking?"

On another note, Oliver Springs has traveled out-of-state a great deal in the past and in following them I have learned that the farther the drive... the better the cooking. :rolleyes:

[Edited by iamoz on 2-12-03 5:07P]

I do agree the officiating was a little one sided. But here let me stress "a little." The chargerettes did not play an awesome game, they have played this way all year. Still with the officiating, if OS could play with Central they would have showed it. I am not saying that OS can't play with Central but I think that it still would have been a good game even with the officiating the way it was. For some reason I think that OS had a plan not to give it to Hall. She only ended up with about 10 or 12 points. Don't get me wrong, Central's girls did a good job guarding her but she did not play as good as she did the last time Central and OS played. She sort of acted like she didn't want the basketball. Anyways, good job to both teams! Congrats, Central over a good win!

For people from other district 4 schools to be belittling OS for actually going out and scheduling the state's best teams is absurd. If you want to be justified in the so-much-better-than-thou attitude you have, piddle around with more than a schedule full of bad 1A and mediocre 2A teams... get out, see what the world outside Roane Co. looks like, then come back with your hateful, snide remarks.

Were any of you all at the game when the chargerettes got beat at Oliver Springs? 4 out of the 5 starters fouled out and no oliver springs players even got into foul trouble. So you all just got a taste of your own medicine. The Chargerettes still would've killed you all even if the refs were 100% on your side because the Lady Cats did not show up to play. Yeah, Hall had 12 points, and yes she did have the ball a lot. She also turned it over a lot. And the Chargerettes did not triple team her. They ran their normal press that they couldn't run at Oliver Springs because every time Hall got into a little bit of pressure they would call a foul...Chargerettes, congradulations. Oliver Springs, you all couldn't miss a shot at your place, you deserved to win there because the Chargerettes played their worst game of the season there. The refs did not win this game for the Chargerettes last night. They were just allowed to play like they can. Way to go Chargerettes, if we play Oliver Springs again, we will beat them by even more.

When McMinn was at OS, they definitiely double and tripled teamed Hall in the press. Not in the half court though. So I'm sure the strategy was the same last night. I remember at OS that the press gave OS trouble until the fouls began to mount. Hopefully they can play again at Murfreesboro and neither team can complain about home cooking.

Hats off to Mcminn Central in beating Oliver Springs. In some ways this put Mcminn Central back into contention into a challenger for the AA championship.

Since MC has somewhat underacheived this year with the high expectations of the Chargerettes being one of the top 5 TN teams regardless of classification. However, double digit losses to Oliver Springs and Walker Valley has somewhat curtailed the MC expectations and knocked MC from a favorite to a challenger for the AA champiionship.

After losing to Walker Valley, McMinn Central needed this win over Oliver Srpings more than the Lady Cats needed the win. This is not to take anything away from the victory, but this was OS worst performance off the year to lose in the manner it did. Hall and company wont allow for such a performance to transpire, so a possible matchup in the State tourney might have a differet result like the initial game at Oliver Springs. Sometimes the best plkayer on the court doesnt have her best game which was the case as Hall only tallied 12 points. Trust me, she wont be as giving next game.

That is of course if Mcminn Cnetral makes the state tourney considering - Tellico Plains, Jackson County, Walker Valley, Livingston Academmy, and Cannon County are potential games in the region and substate. There is alot of basektball to be played, so hopefully MC can survive a tough region and substate to see if they can make good on what peoples expectations were of them.