lewis county/perry county game

Guest lewisfan129

Why are people considering Lewis County's victory last night nothing unusual against Perry County just because Lewis is AA while Perry is A? That's the most stupid thing I have heard, other than the constant Giles County comments. For the past decade when these two teams have met there hasn't been any concern about class size. Does the fact that Lewis County has 100 more students than Perry County make their players athleticaly superior? If that's the case then how did Perry County beat us the first time as well as in the past? How did Lewis County beat Lawrence County (AAA school)? If we had lost to Lawrence County we wouldn't have cried that they were AAA and we were only AA. I hope other schools and coaches read this and next year will not schedule a game with Perry County unless they are also A. That way Perry County can drive 100 miles to play another A school and not get picked on by a AA school just 15 miles up the road. Poor Babies!

And according to your logic yes we are in a tough district because it is AA. Despite those sub .500 records from the teams above, they are superior to all A schools just because more people attend school there. You see how little common sense your agruments make?

[Edited by snakes on 2-14-03 2:02P]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said whosydaddy, there's not 1 player on here from lewis co. but your still acting like it's the team talking smack. And for crying out loud, we don't think our team is the best. I know for a fact. If we get past the regions, that will be a very tuff task for us. And good Lord, quit making excuses of why Perry Co. got beat.

Lewis County will get respect when they EARN it....that takes a while. It doesnt happen with one amazing win over a great team. It is difficult to respect a team when all they have is fans who get on here and talk a lot of CRAP!! It is impossible to respect a bunch of thugs. I am not from either town, but it's kinda hard to hope a team does well when they always seem to be trying to keep the trash talkin goin. I havent seen many Perry County fans on here all year talkin crap....they are just playing their game. Good luck guys from PC...i hope you end up in the boro...you have a fun team to watch and thanks for not being on here bragging like these other guys do. GOOD LUCK in the tourney. :x

The reason for my A and AA logic is because ACE said 12A was a crappy district. However that logic does not prove that Lewis Co is in a tough district just because their AA and superior to single A teams. Your not comparing apples to apples. They would be in a tough district if they were a single A school but they're not... they're AA and LC's district (aside from Giles CO) is not a tough district on a AA level. And I think anyone associated at all with highschool sports would disagree with you saying that attendence numbers play no part in having more and better athletes. If it didn't, why would there be different classes in TSSAA in the first place. There would just be one class. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

[Edited by tfranks24 on 2-14-03 11:44P]

Lewis County was hammered by Giles Co. Perry Co. chokes in big games against non-region opponnets. Both teams are good, but I don't think either team will make it beyond the first round of the state tournament, if they even make it that far. I hope I'm wrong because I pull for middle Tennessee. We'll see.

the only reason u hate perry county is because they are superior to u the win might have been sweet but call them when you get a gold ball and as for the comments made earlier about #23 you should have seen him last night he was a mad man scoring somewhere around 51 points and not even the almighty lewis county panthers could have contained him way to go jonathan

Guest lewisfan129

oh yes he was almighty scoring machine on ZION? that should impress alot of people. no disrespect, but BIG PLAYERS STEP UP IN BIG GAMES. lewis county was a big game. you get the point.