#2 cleveland @ #3 bradley central

anspa

first of all...Kellen..you owe NO ONE an explanation of what you said or didnt say....as the old cliche goes...believe none of what you read and half of what you see....everyone knows that the media doesnt always print what is said...look at the way they twist what famous people words to sell a story...and really the reporter used a a young mans words to benefit or sell his reporting story....so Kellen...lesson learned...never say anything to a reporter,you wouldnt say to your preacher....

and second of all

Stacy Rymer is a good official...he has the job and high school isnt all he refs...so for all the ones that calls the game..go get your own stripes..then talk smack..

third...

Bradley was down by 16 points

if that was a bad call ...and Kellen got 2 points off the bad call...then answer this....did Stacy "cheat" for Bradley to get the others 14 points that they trailed by?

seems that that would be 7 more "bad calls"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cleveland better watch out and not think they will just steamroll over ooltewah on thursday, last time at ooltewah they were within 3 pts with 3 minutes to go when they started fouling and ended up losing by 17 b/c cleveland hit almost every free throw, and it is also to be mentioned that ooltewah was playing without their best player sherman moton b/c he broke his cheekbone the other day, and now they are on a roll winning 4 straight including wins over brainerd at brainerd and central, so hopefully it will be a good game

Hey, Kellen and Regina. Don't get caught up in this crap on here. These messages are for people with nothing else to do with their time. You should not even be reading this stuff and explaining yourself. You played a heck of a game for your team and need to keep on doing what you do best. Ya'll don't let this stuff get to you.

Distict finals are Feburary 27th at Cleveland and there will be refs from the Knoxville association. It was a great game Friday. Seeing cleveland fans getting arrested was different! We'll see how the rivalry intensifies in the next meeting. Hopefully everybody will keep their composure including Coach Green, who I vividly remember was whooping and hollaring around the court after the won the district in 2001. He's a regular Dick Fick! ;) See at the Finals!

Is it true that Coach Green kicked a hole in a Coke machine in the locker room at Bradley? If it is true I hope Bradley sends coach Green the bill for repairs. Bradley and Cleveland both have fine players on their teams, but Coach Kent Smith is by far the best coach in the county and one of the best coaches in the state. Remember its the LOSER who makes the excuses. Go Bears!

I am a Bradley fan but I have to defend Coach Green on this one to set the facts straight. I know for a fact that he did not kick a hole in the Coke machine. I wish that both sides would let this one die down. We all need to stop being so negative and let the kids enjoy this great rivalry. There has been some very good basketball played on both sides in both games. I can only begin to imagine how great the games will be if they happen to meet two more times in the district and the region. I am sure this game (as well as this entire series) will be talked about for a long time. There will be rumors and stories flying as well, but let's all remember that we go to watch because of the kids. They are the ones that deserve the spot light and we are trying to take that away from them. So to all of the players at Bradley and Cleveland, you all have given us two great, great games to remember for a long time! I am proud of everyone and can't wait to see round 3 and round 4 (I hope) over the next three weeks!

[Edited by bcball on 2-17-03 10:05A]

This is a qoute from the Cleveland Banner:

(A controversial call on a loose ball at the end caused Cleveland coach Aaron Green to completely come unglued. He was almost crying with anger.

"Cheated. It's as simple as that. I feel like we won every aspect of that game, but two blown calls at the end weren't even close. I've never blamed an official for a loss in my 25 years in basketball, but my kids were robbed on that one," he said with a bitter tone as he chatted with Corky Whitlock on the post-game radio interview.)

Coach Green learn to control yourself just like you want your players to control themselves! If Pickel had missed the free throws I doubt that you would have made the statements you made to the press. It all comes down to the fact your team blew a big lead and instead of blaming yourself and your team or giving credit to Bradley for their effort you would rather blame the officials. Real classy coach. You should be embarassed by your conduct during the game and after it. If you're setting the example for Blue Radier basketball then we better beef up the security for future games, because if your players and fans start to act like you did then there is bound to be trouble. By the way, great job coach Woodard for having plenty of security at BCHS this past Friday. Oh yeah, Pickel is the MAN!

i admit that their may have been a bad call, but every game you play will have one or 2 bad calls, but those just happened to be at the end of the game to make it more obvious to everyone, but cleveland did give up a 16 point lead, and still all you have to do is win your games cleveland and you get another chance at them, so just take care of business and show who the better team is

I sure hope that Coach Green will apologize sometime soon for his behavior. I hope thats not what they're teaching at Cleveland. If I had a son and we were deciding which school to go to, and he played basketball, Cleveland would be my last choice. I have never heard a coach complain so much and show how much of a sore loser he is. I wonder what's going through his head right now? Does he know he did wrong? Coach Green needs to give the Bradley players credit and not make excuses. After the first game his excuse was he had his 3 best players foul out, and this time its officials. He really showed a class act this game by practically showing his whole body and pulling his shirt almost off and throwing the biggest fit ever. If anyone didn't know already, thats Cleveland for yah. Real CLASSY!!! Good job bears and ill give ya credit where credit is due, GREAT JOB once again!