TMSAA East Tennessee Small School State

TheAnswer9

This 9 team bracket could come right down to the wire with the likes of Robbins, Harriman, Wartburg, Lenoir City, Oneida, and Rockwood participating as well as the host area teams in Cantons Chapel, etc. I will start be examining the "get-in" game tonight featuring two very good ball clubs in Area 2 #3 Oneida and Area 4 #3 Rockwood. Two weeks ago I would have said that Coach Reed's Rockwood Tigers were a lock, but...I've learned to never count out the little Indians that could as Oneida has saved their best for last in beating Scott County Fairview and Huntsville in their District while dropping a heartbreaking 42-40 decision to Wartburg.

Here is what I see: If Oneida's Zach Lambert keeps having his way, then Oneida will win. If Rockwood shuts Lambert down, the Tigers win. I like both teams and all the coaches as Reed and the Jeffers boys do excellent jobs with their respective teams. If it comes down to talent, Rockwood wins. If it comes down to grit and will, Oneida wins. However, here is what I see happening--could be wrong-- but....in a close 3-5pt game I'm going with Rockwood.

The two games on slate tonight look like very interesting match-ups on paper as Rockwood will play host Caton's Chapel and Lenoir City will play Wartburg.

I see Rockwood winning by double-digits over Caton's Chapel--throw the home court ad out the window tonight. After downing Oneida by 8pts, look for Coach Reed's Tiger led by their big man in the middle to win by at least 10pts.

As for the Lenoir City-Wartburg match-up, will the REAL Wartburg Bulldogs step forward. I believe the 8th grade laden Bulldogs will put it all together behind the play of Nelson, Gunter, Jackson, and etc tonight in downing a very solid LC team by 6-8pts or so. I do know Coach Hodgen's Dawgs will not roll over, no matter how things go.

With middle school players, you just never know, but....here is what I think will happen in the upper half of the bracket on Saturday:

In what I think is a slight mismatch, the Area 2 top seeded Griffith led Robbins Hawks will beat Area 3 #3 seeded Pi Beta Phi by at least 20pts. Are you sure this is not an honors program with a name like Pi Beta Phi??

As for the later match-up, Harriman has a very solid squad. While I don't much about Wearwood, I'm taking the Devils from Harriman by at least 10pts.