district 7AA tournment

Guest eaglemgr

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think we proved ourselves not just to Livingston but hopefully to a lot more people. We almost had that game won. Apparently we can touch players like Beechboard and Thompson. Beechboard only had 17. Brandi Brown had 18, leading all scorers. I'm not saying Beechboard's not great. She is, otherwise, she wouldn't be MVP. But, she's not unstoppable. If we see Livingston again, I think the game is ours. But I doubt we'll see them again this year.

Jill24 has a point!..........LA is obviously not untouchable. Otherwise York would have not come so close to beating LA. And no York and LA will not come face to face again due to LA losing to JC (who obviously did not think that LA was untouchable). I'm sorry but if you are on here to make yourself look better then get off because noone is untouchable!.....People that seem to talk a lot of trash seem to stick their foot in their mouths quite often. Congratulations to all of the teams in the 7AA championship and consulation games. Every team played their hearts out. Each team gets to move on so I wish the best of luck to all and 7AA take over the Regionals! You deserve it!

jimbo44,

I do hope that I am wrong. I would love to see York vs LA in the state tourney. I believe that it can happen, too. York has a lot of talent in the starting 5 and in the bench. I do hope that jill24 is right that and they prove that they can and will beat LA........it is just a matter of time until it is proven. Once again, Good Luck 7AA!

Well, all I can say is good luck with Portland-- isn't that who York needs to focus on right now? After that, then it's Jackson Co. If York can beat JC, then they deserve to get to play LA again. If not, then I guess you'll never know! You have to admit that York already had 3 chances this year to beat LA... and it just didn't happen! :D

[Edited by midstatefan on 3-2-03 11:10P]

True, we did have 3 chances against Livingston. Tomorrow's our third chance against Jackson. It's going to be an extremely tough game. I have no doubt that if we go out and play to the best of our ability and play our "A" game, then we should beat Jackson, or at least hang with them til the last second. Tomorrow, if we go down, it's gonna be goin down fighting. ;)

York has a very good team to be so young But to say they should beat Jackson County if they play their 'A' game is (being nice) a stretch. York's young team just does'nt have the talent to stay with a post season experienced team like the Lady Blue Devils. The first two meetings were won by Jackson County by 27 in the first game and by 12 in the second. It's a shame that only two teams can advance from this tournament because several teams from this region could make a good showing in the state tournament. ;);)

In my opinion the winner of the regional tournament will have a huge advantage over the runner up in the fight to get to the state. I see McMinn Central winning their tournament, and playing them on their home court would not be the best road to take !