Is Oakland's King the best Coach in State this yea

gomab2

Oakland's Coach Randy King would have to be my hands-down Statewide Coach of the year this year..... It amazes me the program he is running at Oakland, winning yet another District Title this year.....

But it is also the fashion in which he is doing it.... He has had injuries to THREE starters (Murray, Barker, and Watson), as well as lost the team's best athlete due to attitude in Marease Crawford. I don't even see parti-time starter Carlos Crawford's name in the scores anymore....

With all of this, Oakland still beats a very good Lebanon team, and then pounds Hunters Lane, a very good 12AAA team, all behind two Starters, and two deep reserves who have stepped up in Brady Neal and Randy Tate..... WOW.......

Not to mention, Oakland is also the only TN team to beat Bradley Central, and sports two wins vs the Top-ranked D-II team Father Ryan.....

Coach Randy King, coach of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are winning teams and then there are winning programs.

Anybody can have a run of talent for a year or two and look like a good coach.

Coach King has both. He has won year after year as different players enter and exit the program. He does not draw a great deal of attention to himself, leaving the accolades for his players. Just wins big. With class.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these schools and communities realize how good they have it. They should trade for a year with another coach/school. I think they would develop a new respect for who they have.

And have you ever seen him hit a softball? Oh Man!

Guest Oakland

certainly coach king obviously knows what he is doing and is good at it, as evidence by the 14 straight 20 win seasons. but a sign of a good coach is the ability to get your players and other coaches sold into what you wanna do as far as running a basketball team, and coach king has certinaly done that very well on a consistent basis.

Guest Oakland

man, what got in your pants? there are several great coaches who have never won a state chapionship. winning a championship involves some luck, which obviously hasnt gone oakland's way yet. trust me, there have been coaches of lesser talent than coach king and have won state because A.) they got some luck along the way like all championship teams do.

B.)They coach in an area where the talent there is just ridiculous.

Granted, coach king has good talent come into his program, but nothin like the memphis schools. I am sure if he would have went into an area like memphis he would have 5 state championships by now, he is that good, and his players are a living testimony of that, not only on the court but off the court as well.

Guest Oakland

yeah but a weak district is also a weak argument. oakland has beaten teams like hillsboro,bradley central and father ryan just to name a few. so just to say that oakland is having a good year because of a weak district is a bad point. but to tell ya the truth, i would like to this oakland team go against some of the lebanon teams of the past 5 years, i think they would match up very well, and with this team this year, i think in a normal year, oakland still wins the district.