white co boys.....we are proud of you

warriorettemom

I just wanted to let these boys know that despite the tough season I am proud of the way this team has handled themselves...it seems everyone has been critics when it comes to these boys and their coach...but what those people don't understand is that high school basketball is not only about winning..it is about building the character of these young adults and I think the way the boys have went out fighting in every game only to come out behind at the final buzzer shows me that they are outstanding young men....to have to listen to everyones remarks about them and still hold their head up shows a lot more dignity than most adults would in their situation....I wish you all the best of luck in the district and I am looking forward to watching you all again next year... :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hitgirl

I third that comment!!! They have been critized and put down all year yet they stuck it out. Not a single young man quit. I know it has been a tough year. Be strong and hang in there. You still have next year to play, I hope and I hope that all of you stay together. I know there have numerous comments from the guys that several of them are not playing next year. I hope they reconsider, they will go much better next year.

I went to the game last night and everyone that went on the court hustled and played hard. I know the players and the coach don't get along but maybe when his contract is up in April maybe a new coach will come in. No offense to the coach but your players got to like you or at least respect you and from all the players i have spoken to, they have no respect in him. Last night there were to many turn overs and you got to box out to win against anyone. Good luck in district against Blackman.

P.S. I am not here to argue about the coach, so don't start another msg board with just a bunch of arguing.

As an outsider it is good to hear people from a community stay behind a team even after a disappointing season, especially somewhere that they are used to winning like White County. I just wanted to commend those of you from White County who are behind your players and coach. And a good mark goes out to the woman who started this thread. :)

[Edited by mynameis on 2-21-03 3:59P]

Been to most games,seen the turnover problem every game.

Never seen one turnover caused by the coach.Our players

have got to play smarter. You might like the coach,but

every player should have pride in them selves.Last night,

several players showed their attitudes which I think makes

me mad at the coach for putting up with it.Tory hess talked

back to Slatten on and on.Slatten finally told him to shut

up.Hess's daddy was sitting right behind him.I couldn't

believe a coach's son would act that way.Then I considered

how Coach Hess acts at times and I understood.Sad times.

I didn't start this thread so that you all could start bad mouthing Coach Slatten or the boys....I'm sure there is a lot of things that the coach and the team could do differently but the fact remains that they have fought hard in every game that I have seen and I wanted them to know that even though they are not winning there are still those of us that support their efforts.....