4a district tournament

akamoose13

Let's get it on or should I say...Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!

In game 1, Sunbright will keep the game close for awhile--just like in the prevoius two contests--before Harriman pulls away in the end to win by 10-15pts or so. I know Sunbright is playing well right now, but...the Lady Devils seem to have their number.

As for game 2, I'm glad it didn't show up on the BIG ONES board because the Oneida vs. Wartburg match-up is just too close to call right now. Oneida seems to be clicking on all cyclinders behind the senior leader Creech and others such as Caldwell & Abbott. However, Coach Dallas Davis' Wartburg squad has overcome adversity all year in the fact that Cook and Blakney are both out. As for the victory, let me flip my ever trusting quarter 10 times--it worked in Kingston's favor 9-1. So...Wartburg is heads and Oneida is tails. It was 7-3 in favor or Oneida, so...we shall see. I guess with that being said I'll take the little Indians that could by a mere point.

Well...it seems like I was right on. I love it when I actually get lucky enough to hammer the nail home!!

Harriman built a 12pt halftime lead over Sunbright only to see it shrink to 6pts before stretching it back out to an 18pt victory over Sunbright in the end to a 64-46 victory.

As for the Oneida/Wartburg match-up, it sounded like it was ALL that and then some my friends. In the end, the Lady Indians held on for dear life and won 50-48. I believe Oneida's Creech and Wartburg's Diden played their hearts in the 4th with Creech helping her team to the 2pt victory. Creech would 6 of 8 charity tosses in the 4th while Wartburg missed the front end of a 1&1 and about 4 putback chances to tie in the waning ticks. A couple of awesome shots by Diden--one a 3ptr and one with her foot on the line to make it 49-48. I know Creech, Bond, and Welch reached double digits for Oneida. Not sure about Wartburg though. Maybe KingBrian can give us some exact totals.

Congrats to ALL on games hard played and good luck next time ladies!!

;)

this had to be one of the most exciting games of the year. Wartburg, i felt, lost the game in the second quarter while creech and abott were on the bench with two fouls each. central should have pulled away then, but oneida kept the game at 3 pts. Diden hit some of the most pressure packed shots i have seen in a while, while creech was cool at the line. BOTH, AND I MEAN BOTH TEAMS PLAYED WITH SO MUCH HEART DOWN THE STRETCH. THERE IS NO QUIT IN EITHER ONE OF THOSE TEAMS. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS FRIDAY NITE. # 10, KEEP PLAYING HARD, LEAD BY EXAMPLE, ALL THOSE EXTRA FREE THROWS ARE PAYING OFF NOW. GO LADY INDIANS