Unaka and Cloudland "Round 3"

starman

Everyone talks bout the youth of the rangers but noone says much bout mccann. he comes off the bench and does a great job when called on. he hasnt seen alot of playin time lately and i am not sure why. But he did play alot against North Greene, and he stepped up and played great defense causing a few steals and i remember one steal while they were pressing when he stuffed a guy that is hlaf a fott taller than him. then had an assist off of that. he will be a great player for the rangers when given the chance.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unaka has some very good players. They defenatly get the hustle advantage. rusty is good, but rusty doesnt press the whole floor. I will say this, If robbie tolley had rusty mentallity he would be unstoppable. Good luck to the landers,but if the rangers win, then its carter county all the way baby..Beat the privates...PLEASE....

Guest ballingurl34

You are really putting Unaka's sophmores down.Daniel McInturff is one of the best 3 point shooters around. And Derek Cline. Let's not forget his great ball handeling skills and stays in over 3/4ths of the game! Almost every one on the Unaka team can hit 3s. Rusty and Cody are key factors in the games but Unaka always plays good ball as a team. I have no doubt that this will be a great game, but you better believe that ALL of Unaka's players will be ready!

Point well taked Dewswar. Heck if Robbie Tolley had Zack Cooke's mentality he would be unstoppable. Don't get me wrong he is still an excellent ball player and wants to win. But if he had a burning desire, it would be scary to say the least. He just doesn't realize what talent that he possesses.

Krich, you may be the best agreeable, nice Ranger fan I have came across. I am close to the Barnett family, and Todd has given me some good advice over the years and I respect him greatly, and heck I drove over 23 states with Allen so we know each other quiete well. Quiete frankly when you look at the pay that teachers get in Carter County then you can't blame anyone for crossing the county lines for at least a 10,000 dollar pay increase. Unaka may be able to get its football program on the right track, but trust me it is a long grueling road and a difficult one (a road that I have traveled) You have to have a coach who cares (but isn't nice) and you have to have a group of at least a couple kids that want to make an impact and turn things around, thats what it takes.

Usually in big ball games such as Friday night will be someone from either side will step out of the darkness and have a profound impact on the game, and this may be what decides it. I believe the "key" players will do their usual thing, big things usually come from where it is least expected----I'd say this championship game will be different in the ones prior to it.

Yep, RollTide, I was referring to the Unaka game. The Refs we had did do a better than average job . Pretty equal called game . and as for the Cloludland / UH game , your right, the first half was bad. And right again about Tolley, the refs took him outta the game before he got started. I just hope our game gets some good refs. The refs will be a factor tomorrow night.

Guest delay7541

Lately I have been posting on here requesting information

about unaka.But luckly I finally got to attend one of there

games against sullivan central at there gym.However they have surprised me with what I hear on here and what I saw

at the game I got to scout chambers#24 I believe and there guard hes kind of dark complected 15 is his # but I didnt get his name? Those are there two players to watch out for

but that is just what I saw in that ball game.

But I will be attending the game tomorrow night at milligan college and hope to get one more good look at them before the regionals. I havent got to see cloudland yet so im just gonna say good luck with there press because they looked good against sullivan central the night I saw them play.

Good luck to both teams see you all at milligan in the regionals.................. :o

Must admit that this has been one of the more interesting Threads since the disasterous episode concerning Unaka's dropping Hampton from their football schedule. But, we won't even go there. In fact, I probably should've left my football comments under the proper message board; but many of us on the Creek see a tremendous correlation between the different sports, especially when talking about the "Single-A" level of play....never enough players, etc..

Now for the sake of clarity, or probably more accurately stated, just to stir the already troubled waters, so to speak, one statement you made actually caught my attention over all others (incidentally, you were right on the money concerning the need for dedication from athletes, booster members, coaches, etc): the statement about needing a good coach, and you added parenthetically (but not nice). My curiosity was overarroused at that point. Were you simply speaking in general terms; or is the suspicion up your way that maybe Coach Michael "Acie" Ensor is maybe "too nice?"

I certainly don't want to escalate the furies, especially in the middle of basketball tournament time; but again, it did grab my attention. Just curious....reply if your busy schedule allows. Thanks.

Oh, and I usually look Todd Barnett up when these two teams go at it. I saw him at the semi-finals, and hope to see him tonight. Hope you'll find him, and maybe we could be properly introduced.

Guest lander87

this won't be a game. cloudland has a much better team than unaka. let's face it unaka was very lucky the last time. if they would have give us our points at the end we would have won. you can turn out the lights stoney creek the party is over for you all.

Okay there "ladylander" ...of course that's your opinion. You're OBVIOUSLY from or for Cloudland. Personally, I think it'll be a good game. However, those whose faces turn the reddest if Unaka wins...guess we'll know who you are that ran your mouths the most on here. :)