Central Bobcat Football banquet

JKerrBdaMan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is common knowledge boats, don't act so surprised when people make allegations aginst your program. The problem is that the TSSAA doesn't have the sack to take action. Rage want be the first to send a letter, nor will he be the last. :rolleyes:

Redrage: You must have got kicked off the football team when you were in high school or better yet, you played in the band or played baseball. It is obvious to me that you know absolutely nothing about the football program at Central High School.POINT #1 If it were such a "bad" program, then why did UT Coach John Chavis sell his house in Powell and buy a new house in the Central zone just so his son could paly his junior and senior years at Central? Don't say becasue UT runs a dirty program, too. The NCAA investigations have proven they have a clean program.

POINT#2 Please tell us who these players are from all over Knoxville and where they live. POINT#3 You said that the coaches "recruit" athletes - again you need to be ready and willing to name them - to feed their ego and live vicariously through a bunch of teenagers. Let me tell you about the coaches. My son broke his leg during a football game this past season and these same "egoistical" coaches ran out on the field and lifted my son up (while he was screaming his head off) and carried him off the field and loaded him in the backseat of my car, so I could transport him to Children's Hospital. By the way, Joel Helton was one of the coaches. They checked on him several times and even allowed him to remain a part of the team the entire season. I guess this was to "feed their ego" - NOT. It's becasue they care about the kids. Also, last summer while my son was at football camp, his great grandfather passed away and one of the coaches held him and stayed with him until he was OK. There again, feeding their ego! No way, they care. This has nothing to do with ego- unless it's your wounded ego - it has everything to do with coaches that care about the kids as individuals. I thank God every day that we live in the school district zoned for Central High School so my son can play football for a great coach and person such as Joel Helton and his entire staff. If we didn't, I would do exactly the same thing that Coach John Chavis did! MOVE!!!!!

[Edited by rookie2 on 2-27-03 2:33P]

I am glad you are happy with the staff at Central. If your child plays for Central you are well aware of the players on the team who are out of zone. I believe that Coach Chavis bought a house in the Central zone and maintained his home in Powell as well. Also if I am not mistaken he played at Central only his senior year. You can come to the coaching staffs defense and I would expect nothing less from a supporter of their program and you have obviously had some positve experiences with the coaches at Central. But the fact still remains that Central High School has anywhere from 12-15 transfers on their roster and that at least in my mind and many others on this board opinions indicates that something strange is going on in Bobcat land. You are a satisfied parent and that is good but there are many who are not.

I am the person that took up money and sold tickets at the Central Football Banquet last night. Therefore, I am qualified to remark to your post. There were no parents that got in free and the only children I let in were girls and boys in elementary school. I believe that there were two boys and one girl. I guess that would be considered "recruting" by you. I should have gotten their names so maybe in five or six years when they enter high school we could have "recruited" them then. Middle School and up had to pay. Even the booster club members had to

pay. I would have been glad to let you in free had you shown up!

I don't think anyone ever posted about central coaches not caring about their players. As a matter of fact they care enough to go to all the little league whether their kids are playing or not. HHHMMMMMM.

On a more serious note, why did the coaches not let the professional medical staff handle your son's broken leg?

It was a JV game and there was no medical staff available at the time it happened. We could get him to the hospital faster than waiting on an ambulance. That was our decision as parents. The coaches did place a temporary air cast on his leg to stabilize it until we could get to the hospital.

You are right about Jason playing his senior year only. Coach Chavis keeping his house in Powell has nothing to do with the fact that he moved, so his son could play at Central. So, it can't be all that bad or I believe that Coach Chavis would not have done it. We know him personally and he would not send his son to a school with a cheating program.

That says a lot for the coaches. My children are in high school and I still go to watch the young kids play. We go to support the community and kids. Maybe if more coaches and people like yourselves would attend games that you didn't have a child playing on the team, we could get a positive message to the youth of today that they are important to everyone.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the Central coaches are just good people that like kids? If they can make a difference in just one kids life, then they did a good job.

I have spent ten years helping with inner city children and trying to make a difference in their lives to show them that drugs is not the way. A good way to do this is through sports. Sports is the only way that some of these children will ever be able to stay out of trouble and maybe get a chance to go to college. Maybe these so called "recurits" beg to come to Central. I doubt you have worked with many inner city kids. There is no way you can influence them to do anything they don't want to do. Much less influence their parents to let them come to Central. I feel like they want to play at Central because they know that we usually make it to at least the first round in the playoffs and they will get a lot of media attention and hopefully get the attention of college scouts.

Just my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

I was a teacher at a feeder school for fulton and also coached at fulton for a few years. I got to see first hand how central deals with "out of zone players". They did not look at the zone, they looked at the kid. I have since moved to coach in west tn, so I don't know about now, but I'm sure it has not changed much. They were slapped on the hand for it not long ago.

Guest Sidewinder

Wow, I was really surprised some of the emptiness on this website. It's painfully obvious to me that you antagonists have way too much time on your hands. I would suggest doing something more positive with all of your 'excess' time, such as GET A LIFE! Why get so hung up on blasting children, yes, children, for that's what you're doing as you rake them and their parents and coaches through the coals over many issues that you certainly aren't 100% qualified to give an intelligent opinion. Have you spent an equal amount of time trying to actually help and uplift a struggling teenager? Probably not. Nope, it's much more gratifying and fun to sit here in your safe little world and try to rip people apart that you REALLY DON'T KNOW. These coaches are human, and you bet they want to win. Who doesn't? However, they care deeply about these kids. How do I know? Well, I've sat and watched for hours and it's as plain as day that they really care for the boys. Last time I checked, there are probably higher paying professions out there, but few that can afford a man the satisfaction of having a positive influence on young men. For some strange reason I smell a rat here with many of you gutless wonders. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that you're suffering from one of the following illnesses: 1)you and/or your child attend or attended a nearby high school that has consistently gotten the #$%&* beaten out of them on Friday nights for years; or 2) your child is a former member of the CHS team that was just too lazy to work hard enough to EARN a playing role on the team and all you can do now is whine about it; or 3) you've just got too much time on your hands, period; or 4) and this is stretching it.....maybe one of the CHS coaches had you in class and you weren't sharp enough to make a good grade! I'm over this, and I say HATS OFF to a wonderful job for the entire CHS staff. They're not perfect, but I wouldn't want my son going anywhere else! One more thing.............SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!! :o