D2 Dream Team

lionfans50

In relation to a similar thread, who would be on your Dream Team in Division 2? Simply because I am from West Tennesee, my picks would be :

1- Trey Williams

2- John Bradford

3- Carlos Taylor

4- Marc Gasol

5- Charles Hampton

6- Ryan Baum

7- SBA player ( I forget his name, sorry)

Anyone else? I know some of these players aren't necessarily as talented as others but I think they come up big in big games or else have had some good performances.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice for the west, but you can't forget the 2 biggest names in the east.

My list:

1. Josh Suddath (McCallie)

2. Marc Gasol (Lausanne)

3. Trey Williams (MHA)

4. Adarius Bowman (ND)

5. Charles Hampton (BB)

6. Brandon Wright (BA)

7. King Dunlap (BA)

The St. Benedict player you are thinking of is Jared Walsh, and he definitely does not fit into the top 7 or "Dream Team."

My First Team All-State for DII:

1. Trey Williams, Harding - Mr. Basketball winner

2. Marc Gasol, Lausanne - Mr. Basketball finalist

3. Adarius Bowman, Notre Dame - Mr. Basketball finalist

4. King Dunlap, Brentwood Academy

5. Josh Suddath, McCallie

Honorable Mention, no particular order:

Everett Bills, Father Ryan

John Bradford, Harding

Carlos Taylor, Lausanne

Charles Hampton, Bishop Byrne

Ryan Baum, MUS

Matt Lea, ECS

Adam Rodriguez, Harding

Brandon Wright, Brentwood Academy

[Edited by mhalionboy03 on 2-26-03 4:37P]

Very good picks, lionboy. I would have to go with Wright over Dunlap right now however. He has been the leading scorer and rebounder over the second half of the season. You probably only saw them on their trip to Memphis atthe beginning of the season. With 25+ games under their belt, those freshmen and sophomores that have been starting are much more experienced now.

Wright is the real deal, and a future Mr. Basketball.

I don't think Meeks is that good of a player, he is a lefty which throws people off but he is so predictable. A one dribble pull up baseline side is all he has in his arsenal. Justin Jenkins just shut him out in the game at ECS last Tuesday, but then again, that whole team was handed a butt whooping so... but anyways, Meeks as a finalist? I would not put him in my top 10 in D2, maybe even top 20. But I know he has had a decent season so far, too bad he won't beat Harding this season.

It might be Walsh or Payton, I don't remember which one did more damage to us ( if any ) but thanks for mentioning those guys from the East side of TN. I haven't seen any of them play so thanks for adding to the list. Has Brentwood gotten better? Obviously so but Harding did stomp them earlier in the year but teams get better. Does anyone have any stats on the 2 big men for them?

I'm pretty sure it was Walsh, but Payton is decent. Brentwoos has gotten a lot better since Harding played them (according to WesVols, who I guess is a little biased). They struggled in Nov/Dec but since then have really come together as a team. If you look at their schedule, they have won most of their games in Jan/Feb, so they are gonna be tough competition (even in a rematch with Harding). Harding vs. BA in Jan/Feb would be a whole different story. BA is currently on a 12-0 run, with the last loss being to Mt. Juliet on Jan 13. Overall, they are 21-7. They will be a formidable oponent in at state, maybe even more so than Father Ryan. Sorry, I have no stats on Brandon Wright and King Dunlap. Check with WesVols, though.

CoachTfan, you're right -- though I am biased, I am also honest, so believe me when I say that BA has improved greatly since their loss to Harding Academy. There is an incorrect score on the scoreboard -- BA lost to Notre Dame by 14; however, this one game aside, the Eagles have beaten Father Ryan twice, defeated Knox Catholic (who beat Notre Dame the day after BA played them), and basically blown out the remaining teams in the Middle Region.

Quite honestly, I think that any of 6 or 7 D2 teams (BA, Ryan, Harding Academy, Lausanne, Notre Dame, Knox Catholic) could win the title this year. Out of these names, though, Brentwood Academy should be in the top 4. The primary reason for their improvement over the latter half of the season has been the increasing consistency of their young players. Starting 3 Freshmen and Sophomores (Chris Slay, Brandon Wright, Joshua Bone) was detrimental to the Eagles early in the season, but now is proving well worth the past struggles. Add this to the fact that BA regularly plays 11 or 12 people in a game, and you've got a young, deep, talented ball club that can play with anybody.

Just to stay on topic....My Dream Team:

Josh Suddath, McCallie

Adarius Bowman, Notre Dame

Brandon Wright, Brentwood Academy

Barry Turner, Brentwood Academy

Marc Gasol, Lausanne

Joe Thompson, Father Ryan

Everett Bills, Father Ryan

Trey Williams, Harding Academy

Charles Hampton, Bishop Byrne