7AAA

shaggyJ

if cookeville can get good play out of their forwards, i think they can compete for the district title.

in any case, i think the district will be very tight this year, and there won't be a team like cookeville the past couple of years who will dominate.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen Cookeville in person 4 times the last two years, but was very impressed. They were by far the most skilled team I saw play. Taking nothing away from Riverdale, the loss in the playoffs a couple of years ago was an aberration. Cookeville came out flat and several Riverdale players had career games. Had they played 10 more times, Cookeville would have likely won them all.

That being said, if this is indeed a rebuilding year for Cookeville, there will be a lot of teams looking to take advantage of it. Teams like they've had the last couple of years are the result of good programs and coaching, so I expect them to be good again; but because the other teams believe they can play with them now, it could be a challenging year for them.

i'm with thekeg55, i think cookeville will do a lot better than previously posted. Why was lebanon posted higher than riverdale? As long as teams don't play Warren Co. at their home field, WC shouldn't be as hard to beat as some people think. I think one reasons blackman is posted as high as they are is because this team is loaded with great juniors and seniors - not to mention great coaching. Unlike most teams that rebuild in a year, blackman has had to wait 2 years to get their first team of seniors because all of the (good)starters were sophomores. By the way -cookeville basically dominated last year. I saw all of their games at the district tourn. at blackman and the way they passed the ball around and found open spaces were basically amazing. Not to mention size and seniority had a big thing to do with their success.

[Edited by smallz on 3-19-03 8:01P]